Estimated Reading Time: <1
Sequel to the shock suspension of Sanusi Lamido Sanusi as Governor of Nigeria’s Central Bank by President Goodluck Jonathan, Managing Director of Zenith Bank, Godwin Emefiele has been nominated to take over at the Apex Bank.
Godwin Emefiele’s name was submitted to the Senate for Confirmation today (Thursday) by President Jonathan. The President also nominated an Executive director at First Bank Of Nigeria, Adelabu Adebayo as the Deputy Governor.
Sanusi Lamido’s tenure was meant to elapse in June 2014 but it seems the President Goodluck has run out of patience as news of Saniusi suspension filled the air this morning and he was temporarily replaced by the Acting CBN deputy governor, Sarah Alade, was named early Thursday as acting governor of the bank.
If eventually confirmed by the senate, Emefiele will become the substantive governor of CBN
Adelabu Adebayo will also succeed Tunde Lemo (who retired late 2013) as Deputy Governor of the apex bank if confirmed by the upper chambers
- Uzodimma vs Okorocha: Eastern Palm University VC sacked
- Troops have rescued 13 citizens kidnapped by terrorists in Kaduna
- PHOTOS: Funeral Service for Chimamanda Adichie’s mother; Mrs Grace Ifeoma Adichie
- Buhari’s Presidency has surrendered “our nation to terrorists” – PDP
- 27 abducted students of the college of forestry, Kaduna have been released
- Federal Government begins process to deploy 5G Technology
- Father Mbaka resurfaces, allays supporters’ fears
- Facebook upholds decision to suspend Donald Trump from platform
- ‘We will all suffer if Nigeria is not better’ – Isa Pantami
- ‘We don’t have Father Mbaka’ – DSS responds