Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigeria striker, Bright Dike has suffered a torn Achilles in training with Toronto FC.
The big attacker has in recent times been part of the Nigerian national team. He was also expected to play a pivotal role for his club, Toronto FC this year. The 27 years old striker has been tipped to feature for Nigeria in the World Cup this June but this injury might have cut his dreams short
Bright Dike was part of the Nigerian team that drew 2-2 against Italy on Nov. 18, 2013, a match in which he scored a goal
Nigeria’s Super Eagles coach, Stephen Keshi recently listed Dike as part of the squad to face Mexico in an international friendly on March 5 in the United States .
The forward’s injury will now come as a big blow to his club and country
- Governor Ayade swears in 3rd acting chief judge in 11 months, as lawyers protest
- #EndSARS protests: Lagos considers closure of schools
- Leave the road and let’s talk; Sanwo-Olu begs #EndSARS protesters
- 181 students, staff test positive for COVID-19 in Lagos private school
- Breaking: Another Prison attacked and inmates freed in Edo
- Nigerian lawmaker backs #EndSARS protesters
- Just In: Defence minister warns protesters against undermining National Security #EndSARS
- “The ongoing protests show that there is hidden agenda, APC on #EndSARS
- Protesters block airport road as Soldiers take over #EndSARS locations in Abuja
- Breaking: Edo State Government declares 24-hour curfew #EndSARS