Estimated Reading Time: <1
Flowing from the approval granted to Emirates Airline by the Federal Ministry of Aviation, the international Carrier has said it is set to enhance its operations to Nigeria by launching scheduled daily passenger flights to the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja and the Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport, Kano. August 2014 has been set as the commencement date.
In a letter to the Aviation Minister, Princess Stella Adaeze Oduah dated February 03, 2014 and signed by Salem Obaidalla, Senior Vice President, Aeropolitical and Industry Affairs, Emirates Airlines, the Carrier expressed gratitude to the federal government for the continued support and assistance extended to it throughout the period it has been operating in Nigeria.
In a statement issued Monday by Joe Obi, the SA (Media) to Aviation Minister, the Senior Vice President disclosed that the flights will be operated ”in accordance with the existing UAE-Nigeria agreement on air services, with four weekly flights routed Dubai-Abuja-Kano-Dubai and three weekly flights routed Dubai-Kano-Abuja-Dubai, without carriage of domestic traffic (cabotage) between Abuja and Kano”.
Obaidalla further assured that Emirates Airline ”remains fully committed to the Nigerian market and to provide Nigerian travellers the best possible service”.
Commenting on the development, Oduah expressed joy that passengers from Abuja, Kano and other parts of the North who patronise Emirates would have the airline’s services brought to their doorsteps, and pledged to continue to partner Emirates and other airlines to deliver the best possible service to air travellers in the country. ”I am particularly delighted with this development”, the Minister enthused.
- Insecurity: Nurses In Ogun State threaten strike until ‘safety is guaranteed’
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems
- Police commend officers for rejecting N500,000 bribe
- Opinion: Yinka Odumakin, the storm is over!
- “Someone said I slept with the wife of the man who helped my career”, – Perruzi breaks silence
- USSD SAGA: Will the suffering of Nigerians ever end?
- CCT’s media officer who wrote the ‘Biafran Boys’ statement has been recalled
- New salary and welfare package for Judges in the works – Malami