Estimated Reading Time: <1
Joseph Mbu,the Rivers State Commissioner of Police, has been removed from his post, a source at police headquarters in Abuja has informed SaharaReporters. The source said the commissioner is expected to leave his post at the end of this week. However, the source added that the police hierarchy has made no public announcement of Mr. Mbu’s removal.
The removal of the police commissioner, is coming on the heels of threats by opposition party All Progressives Congress (APC) to block all legislative proposals by Mr. Jonathan until the political crisis is resolved.
A police source told SaharaReporters that, barring any last-minute interference by President Jonathan, Mr. Mbu will be sent to the National Institute for Strategic Studies (NIPSS) in Kuru, Jos as a face-saving measure.
The Embattled commissioner has been accused of working to undermine Governor Chibuike Amaechi of Rivers State, a political foe to Mr. Jonathan.
In recent weeks, as he sensed his planned removal from Rivers State, Mr. Mbu had placed newspaper adverts in newspaper to congratulate Nigeria’s Inspector General of Police Muhammed Abubakar.
- Federal Government will pay salaries of private school teachers – NAPPS
- AGF Abubarkar Malami sues Sahara Reporters
- Just In: FG releases guidelines for schools’ resumption
- NMA wants Nigerians to avoid unnecessary visits or consultations to hospitals to minimise COVID-19 spread
- How Nigeria’s Federal Government, States, LGAs shared N7.8tr in 2019
- Magu-Gate: Prophet Omale responds to money laundering allegations, sues NAN for N1 Billion
- “Publish all tenders and all contracts” – Okonjo-Iweala said she saved billions of dollars as finance minister
- Fire guts World Trade Centre, Abuja
- Former NDDC boss Joi Nunieh accuses Niger Delta minister Akpabio of sexual harassment
- The army has no right to declare any citizen wanted; Court rules