Estimated Reading Time: <1
A 24- year old man, Abubakar Ahmed, was on Saturday found hanging on a tree in Ganten-Tudu in Kaoje Development Area of Kebbi State .
A resident of the area, Malam Tukur Mohammed, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Birnin Kebbi that the deceased was believed to have committed suicide over failed marriage bid.
Mohammed said the deceased had been farming to earn a living.
He added that the deceased ostensibly committed suicide after failing to produce N40,000 bride price for the marriage scheduled for Friday, Jan. 31.
The witness said that the deceased was not happy with an arrangement to postpone the marriage to Friday, Feb. 7 in spite of assurance from relatives that the money would be paid.
The deceased reportedly travelled to neighbouring Buya village with a friend on a motorcycle to recover a debt but was unsuccessful.
He was not seen again until his corpse was found dangling on a tree on Saturday.
The sole administrator of Kaoje Development Area, Malam Bello Abdullahi, confirmed the incident.
He said the deceased had been buried according to Islamic injunction while the Police had commenced investigation into the matter.
- Zamfara government tells clerics to persuade bandits to surrender arms
- Buhari orders MDAs, others to grant access to FIRS for tax collection
- Nigerian Railway launches N900 Million e-ticketing platform
- Blasphemy: Court acquits teenage boy sentenced to jail in Kano
- NIN is now compulsory for JAMB registration – Minister
- Nigeria’s education sector needs an enabling environment to thrive
- FG reappoints Usman as NPA Managing Director, names board for TCN
- Kano Governor Ganduje says Coronavirus test will be mandatory for anyone wishing to enter Kano State
- N6 million debt: Kaduna distribution board cuts off Electricity at the home of late Shehu Shagari
- Restructuring is not enough; we must change the constitution says Goodluck Jonathan