Estimated Reading Time: <1
A 24- year old man, Abubakar Ahmed, was on Saturday found hanging on a tree in Ganten-Tudu in Kaoje Development Area of Kebbi State .
A resident of the area, Malam Tukur Mohammed, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Birnin Kebbi that the deceased was believed to have committed suicide over failed marriage bid.
Mohammed said the deceased had been farming to earn a living.
He added that the deceased ostensibly committed suicide after failing to produce N40,000 bride price for the marriage scheduled for Friday, Jan. 31.
The witness said that the deceased was not happy with an arrangement to postpone the marriage to Friday, Feb. 7 in spite of assurance from relatives that the money would be paid.
The deceased reportedly travelled to neighbouring Buya village with a friend on a motorcycle to recover a debt but was unsuccessful.
He was not seen again until his corpse was found dangling on a tree on Saturday.
The sole administrator of Kaoje Development Area, Malam Bello Abdullahi, confirmed the incident.
He said the deceased had been buried according to Islamic injunction while the Police had commenced investigation into the matter.
- Breaking: Southeast governors announce own security outfit ‘Ebubeagu’
- #SaabGate: Joe Abah denies involvement in Alex Saab campaign
- Breaking: South-East governors meet in Imo on security
- Ramadan: Look out for crescent from Monday – Sultan
- Police rescue 15 abducted persons, 32 cows in Kaduna
- Police arrest 17 suspected cultists in Abuja
- SERAP says it is unfair to pay judges less, while Presidents and governors take home “huge salaries”
- Catholic Priest abducted in Imo
- Collective responsibility needed in fight against poverty — Okorocha
- INTERVIEW: I am excited people looked beyond the lip gloss to enjoy my content – Enioluwa Adeoluwa, 21-year-old Nigeria’s front-line Influencer