Estimated Reading Time: <1
US folk singer and activist Pete Seeger has passed on at the age of 94 in a New York hospital after a short illness. Some of his popular songs are ‘Turn! Turn! Turn!’ and If I Had A Hammer.
He was a member of The Weavers, formed in 1948. He had a lasting career of about sixty year in which he won a Grammy award in 1997 for best traditional folk album.
He was also a nominee at last Sundays Grammy Awards in the spoken word category.
He will be gravely missed in the music world.
- Breaking: Southeast governors announce own security outfit ‘Ebubeagu’
- #SaabGate: Joe Abah denies involvement in Alex Saab campaign
- Breaking: South-East governors meet in Imo on security
- Ramadan: Look out for crescent from Monday – Sultan
- Police rescue 15 abducted persons, 32 cows in Kaduna
- Police arrest 17 suspected cultists in Abuja
- SERAP says it is unfair to pay judges less, while Presidents and governors take home “huge salaries”
- Catholic Priest abducted in Imo
- Collective responsibility needed in fight against poverty — Okorocha
- INTERVIEW: I am excited people looked beyond the lip gloss to enjoy my content – Enioluwa Adeoluwa, 21-year-old Nigeria’s front-line Influencer