Estimated Reading Time: <1
US folk singer and activist Pete Seeger has passed on at the age of 94 in a New York hospital after a short illness. Some of his popular songs are ‘Turn! Turn! Turn!’ and If I Had A Hammer.
He was a member of The Weavers, formed in 1948. He had a lasting career of about sixty year in which he won a Grammy award in 1997 for best traditional folk album.
He was also a nominee at last Sundays Grammy Awards in the spoken word category.
He will be gravely missed in the music world.
- Zamfara government tells clerics to persuade bandits to surrender arms
- Buhari orders MDAs, others to grant access to FIRS for tax collection
- Nigerian Railway launches N900 Million e-ticketing platform
- Blasphemy: Court acquits teenage boy sentenced to jail in Kano
- NIN is now compulsory for JAMB registration – Minister
- Nigeria’s education sector needs an enabling environment to thrive
- FG reappoints Usman as NPA Managing Director, names board for TCN
- Kano Governor Ganduje says Coronavirus test will be mandatory for anyone wishing to enter Kano State
- N6 million debt: Kaduna distribution board cuts off Electricity at the home of late Shehu Shagari
- Restructuring is not enough; we must change the constitution says Goodluck Jonathan