Estimated Reading Time: <1
Super Eagles Coach Stephen Keshi on Tuesday says the team is focused for the semi-final match against Ghana in the ongoing African Nations Championship (CHAN).
Nigeria will play Ghana in a semi-final match at the Free State Stadium, Bloemfontein, on Jan. 29.
Keshi told newsmen at Bloemfontein, South Africa, that after the quarter final clash against Morocco, the team had been prepared for the game against Ghana.
“We have prepared the team for the match against Ghana. After the match against Morocco, we made the players to relax their minds and prepare for the match against Ghana.
“Ghana is a good side. Ghana and Nigeria play good football and that will make the semi-final match an interesting one,” he said.
Keshi said two of the five players with injuries had recovered.
“The remaining three are still not fully fit. But we came here with 23 players and the rest members of the team are ready for action. They are ready for the match.
“We will come out and play our game against Ghana. I cannot come out here and reveal my match strategies, but we know Ghana has a good team,’’ Keshi said.
The coach said defender, Solomon Kwambe, who got a red card in the match against South Africa, will play against Ghana.
“The player, who played his position in the match against Morocco, did very well. I am happy Kwambe is back,’’ he said.
Keshi also said the successes recorded by Nigerian football in recent time were a collective effort of all stakeholders.
“The NFF, players and all stakeholders played a part in achieving the good results so far. It is not my personal effort, but a collective one,” he said.
- Violence in Kwara: Governor imposes fresh curfews in Offa, Erin-Ile
- Drug lords responsible for funding terrorism in Nigeria – Senate President
- Police arrest man who stabbed wife to death
- I can count 187 times President Buhari has said he will end banditry without results – Fayose
- ‘Amotekun will be deployed to protect COVID-19 vaccines in Ogun’ says Governor Dapo Abiodun
- Shortly after the release of school girls, terrorists abduct over 60 – burn Zamfara town
- Ogun State deputy speaker impeached over thuggery allegations
- Federal Government says States that have not met the criteria for vaccine safety will not get doses
- Just in: Buhari, Osinbajo to be publicly vaccinated on Saturday
- Jangebe schoolgirls: Reunion turns violent as security operatives shoot protesters