Estimated Reading Time: <1
So many Chelsea fans and football observers worldwide have wondered why Chelsea manager, Jose Mourinho agreed to sell the very intelligent and talented, Juan Mata to a domestic rival, Manchester united. The Chelsea gaffer has come out to explain his reason for such an action as he also claims Mata chose Manchester United over other interested clubs
‘If a similar situation happened where, instead of Man United it was Arsenal, City, Tottenham or Liverpool we would do the same,’ he explained. ‘If the offer was the same, and Juan decided to go, it would be the same.
‘Man United are obviously a big club, and when a player is not happy at the moment at Chelsea, but he loves to be in the Premier League, he’s thinking about the World Cup and playing regularly.
‘He saw the stability the team has at the moment with Willian, Oscar and Hazard and he thought about leaving. He was trying to find the best option for him and he decided to go to United, which is understandable.’
- COVID-19 lockdown: Over 24,000 children have not returned to school – Sanwo-Olu
- Tambuwal appoints committee to investigate Sokoto central market fire
- Anambra Governorship election to hold November 6 – INEC
- Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo flags off N5,000 cash transfer to low-income earners in urban areas
- Arewa Youth Leader says Northern Nigeria is the most backward region despite having the president
- Borno Governor asks Federal Character Commission for more employment slots
- Buhari appoints Nigeria’s first female ambassador to the United States
- Motorcycle riders are working as spies for kidnappers – Amotekun says
- Where will herdsmen graze if they leave the forest reserves? – Miiyetti Allah queries Akeredolu’s vacation order
- Kukah gets international recognition with appointment by Pope Francis