Estimated Reading Time: <1
The immediate past Manager of Manchester United football club, Sir Alex Ferguson has been handed the role of an ambassador by European football governing body, UEFA.
Ferguson who is now a director at Old Trafford has confirmed the new position he will adopt within the round leather game.
“It is an honour and a privilege to accept this role as ambassador for UEFA,”
“With the experience I have had over the years, I hope I can help young coaches, in particular, in an industry which is becoming more difficult. Young coaches have to be prepared to make sacrifices and time is not guaranteed in modern-day football because it has become very much a results industry.
“The best chance they have got is to prepare for it. I took my full coaching badge when I was 24 years of age and I thought that was the best thing I did to give myself a proper chance to be able to survive in football.
“I would also tell them not to change their own philosophy but to have faith in it and believe in themselves.
“It’s also about the sacrifices you have to make. Ask any manager’s wife exactly what sacrifice means because they are working all the time. They are at games, at training, they are coaching, but that’s the sacrifice you have to make and you need to understand that when you start”, Ferguson state
- Over 15 million Nigerians abuse drugs – NDLEA new boss promises to end drug abuse
- Abuja resident hospitalised after IGP’s orderly fires AK-47 rifle in beer parlour
- Buba Marwa resumes office as NDLEA Chairman
- Invest in dispelling COVID-19 misinformation – Cross River Primary Healthcare DG urges FG
- Oyo PDP alleges APC is behind production of fake Amotekun uniforms
- Anambra first lady, Ebelechukwu Obiano gets moderna COVID-19 vaccine in America
- 2023: Nigerians should reward Tinubu with Presidency – House of Rep member
- Declare Dogara’s seat vacant; PDP asks court
- Buhari appoints DG for National Directorate of Employment
- Federal Government says COVID-19 tests are not required for returning students