Estimated Reading Time: <1
Speaking at his Abuja residence during the visit of South-south community leaders, chiefs and elders in the FCT yesterday, Ijaw leader, Chief Edwin Clark has said that the Yoruba ethnic group has no leader.
The one-time Information minister also revealed that since the demise of the likes of Pa Adekunle Ajasin, Bola Ige and Pa Abraham Adesanya, the Youruba tribe have had no leader.
He said the likes of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu who are now fronting themselves as Yoruba leaders can easily be bought over by money.
“They think President Jonathan cannot convene a national conference. l still believe in the unity of Nigeria, 100 years has passed and that is why we say let us have a national conference to discuss how we are going to live together in the next 100 years”, he said.
- One dead as bandits attack police checkpoint in Taraba
- COVID-19: ‘Forcing people to be vaccinated is immoral’ Bishop Oyedepo says
- Nigerian Government drill boreholes in Buhari home state to avoid the spread of Covid-19
- Odua self-determination rally suffers setback as police surround venue in Ibadan
- Dogs to complement security arrangements in Katsina boarding schools
- Breaking: University of Ibadan releases 2020/2021 Post-UTME results
- Nigeria Medical Association denies ties with criminal bandits of Zamfara
- Peru’s former president, Martin Vizcarra, banned from holding public office
- Was Nigeria’s finance minister ignorant? or lying? – CBN Governor Emefiele says Printing money is a cardinal job of the lenders
- Helen McCrory, star of Peaky Blinders, dies aged 52