Estimated Reading Time: <1
Speaking at his Abuja residence during the visit of South-south community leaders, chiefs and elders in the FCT yesterday, Ijaw leader, Chief Edwin Clark has said that the Yoruba ethnic group has no leader.
The one-time Information minister also revealed that since the demise of the likes of Pa Adekunle Ajasin, Bola Ige and Pa Abraham Adesanya, the Youruba tribe have had no leader.
He said the likes of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu who are now fronting themselves as Yoruba leaders can easily be bought over by money.
“They think President Jonathan cannot convene a national conference. l still believe in the unity of Nigeria, 100 years has passed and that is why we say let us have a national conference to discuss how we are going to live together in the next 100 years”, he said.
- No one has the right to expel any Nigerian from any part of the country – Arewa group dare Ondo Governor
- Just In: “We want justice for Seriki Fulani” – Miyetti Allah calls for Sunday Igboho’s arrest
- Afenifere wants ACF to “call their criminals to order” – warn that Yoruba would not want a repeat of the incident of 1966
- Miyetti Allah Cattle breeders association say kidnapping is a National problem
- Arewa Consultative Forum wants govt to act swiftly and stop the attacks on Fulani communities in the south west
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Buhari, now is time to speak to the Fulani youths
- Abia Governor dissolves state executive council
- Ignoring Governor Ayade’s instructions, CRUTECH insists on ‘no fee, no exams’
- American Legendary Talk-Show host; Larry King has died of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Kano Governor says closing down schools will be a ‘tragedy’