Estimated Reading Time: <1
Speaking at his Abuja residence during the visit of South-south community leaders, chiefs and elders in the FCT yesterday, Ijaw leader, Chief Edwin Clark has said that the Yoruba ethnic group has no leader.
The one-time Information minister also revealed that since the demise of the likes of Pa Adekunle Ajasin, Bola Ige and Pa Abraham Adesanya, the Youruba tribe have had no leader.
He said the likes of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu who are now fronting themselves as Yoruba leaders can easily be bought over by money.
“They think President Jonathan cannot convene a national conference. l still believe in the unity of Nigeria, 100 years has passed and that is why we say let us have a national conference to discuss how we are going to live together in the next 100 years”, he said.
- Breaking: Tribunal rejects party’s request to join petition in Bayelsa governorship dispute
- Salawa Abeni’s 19 year old blackmailer has been arrested
- “Aboki” and the dangers of othering in Nigeria
- FG begins ‘systematic maintenance’ of Lagos bridges & drains
- 9 contractors made the shortlist for Fourth Mainland Bridge – Hamzat
- $18.34 million paid as ransom between June 2011 & March 2020: Inside Nigeria’s lucrative kidnap industry
- Allegations of corruption against the National assembly smacks of cheap blackmail – Sen Ajibola Bashiru
- Telecom firms now to pay N1 per km for Right Of Way (RoW) in Kwara
- Ebonyi to shut down some of its social media groups from June 2
- Breaking: Coronavirus cases in Nigeria exceeds 10,000