Estimated Reading Time: <1
Edo State Governor, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole has yesterday sacked the state Commissioner of Sports, Mrs Omorede Osifo, replacing her with Mr Chris Okaiben, former chairman, Petroleum Committee.
Her sack is related to the power outage at the Samuel Ogbemudia stadium when the stadium hosted artistes. The artistes were in the state for a youth summit organised by the state government.
It is reported that members of the State Executive Council were embarrassed over the failure of lights
Some reports have it that there has been no electricity at the stadium in the past six months, a fact the Governor is unaware of. It is learnt that the sports ministry may be owing PHCN a huge sum.
However, Oshiomhole felt that the power outage was aimed at sabotaging the event. He has now sacked the commissioner of sports so as to teach other commissioners a lesson as regards neglect of duties.
- No one has the right to expel any Nigerian from any part of the country – Arewa group dare Ondo Governor
- Just In: “We want justice for Seriki Fulani” – Miyetti Allah calls for Sunday Igboho’s arrest
- Afenifere wants ACF to “call their criminals to order” – warn that Yoruba would not want a repeat of the incident of 1966
- Miyetti Allah Cattle breeders association say kidnapping is a National problem
- Arewa Consultative Forum wants govt to act swiftly and stop the attacks on Fulani communities in the south west
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Buhari, now is time to speak to the Fulani youths
- Abia Governor dissolves state executive council
- Ignoring Governor Ayade’s instructions, CRUTECH insists on ‘no fee, no exams’
- American Legendary Talk-Show host; Larry King has died of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Kano Governor says closing down schools will be a ‘tragedy’