Estimated Reading Time: <1
Edo State Governor, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole has yesterday sacked the state Commissioner of Sports, Mrs Omorede Osifo, replacing her with Mr Chris Okaiben, former chairman, Petroleum Committee.
Her sack is related to the power outage at the Samuel Ogbemudia stadium when the stadium hosted artistes. The artistes were in the state for a youth summit organised by the state government.
It is reported that members of the State Executive Council were embarrassed over the failure of lights
Some reports have it that there has been no electricity at the stadium in the past six months, a fact the Governor is unaware of. It is learnt that the sports ministry may be owing PHCN a huge sum.
However, Oshiomhole felt that the power outage was aimed at sabotaging the event. He has now sacked the commissioner of sports so as to teach other commissioners a lesson as regards neglect of duties.
- One dead as bandits attack police checkpoint in Taraba
- COVID-19: ‘Forcing people to be vaccinated is immoral’ Bishop Oyedepo says
- Nigerian Government drill boreholes in Buhari home state to avoid the spread of Covid-19
- Odua self-determination rally suffers setback as police surround venue in Ibadan
- Dogs to complement security arrangements in Katsina boarding schools
- Breaking: University of Ibadan releases 2020/2021 Post-UTME results
- Nigeria Medical Association denies ties with criminal bandits of Zamfara
- Peru’s former president, Martin Vizcarra, banned from holding public office
- Was Nigeria’s finance minister ignorant? or lying? – CBN Governor Emefiele says Printing money is a cardinal job of the lenders
- Helen McCrory, star of Peaky Blinders, dies aged 52