Estimated Reading Time: <1
The rally organized by the Save Rivers Movement was today marred by Police shootings, reports say.
Recall a serving senator Magnus Abe was shot by a rubber bullet when the SRM held a rally at Obiapkor Local government in Port Harcourt.
Unconfirmed reports suggest that the Rivers State Police Command stormed the rally and allegedly opened fire on the members of the movement, who gathered in Bori, Khana Local Government of the state on Sunday.
It was learnt that though the rally was billed to start by 2pm, fully armed policemen stormed the venue before the commencement of the programme, but it was unclear what led to the heavy shooting that followed the arrival of the security men.
It could not be confirmed if anyone was killed but scores were said to have been injured.
- Breaking: Southeast governors announce own security outfit ‘Ebubeagu’
- #SaabGate: Joe Abah denies involvement in Alex Saab campaign
- Breaking: South-East governors meet in Imo on security
- Ramadan: Look out for crescent from Monday – Sultan
- Police rescue 15 abducted persons, 32 cows in Kaduna
- Police arrest 17 suspected cultists in Abuja
- SERAP says it is unfair to pay judges less, while Presidents and governors take home “huge salaries”
- Catholic Priest abducted in Imo
- Collective responsibility needed in fight against poverty — Okorocha
- INTERVIEW: I am excited people looked beyond the lip gloss to enjoy my content – Enioluwa Adeoluwa, 21-year-old Nigeria’s front-line Influencer