Estimated Reading Time: <1
The rally organized by the Save Rivers Movement was today marred by Police shootings, reports say.
Recall a serving senator Magnus Abe was shot by a rubber bullet when the SRM held a rally at Obiapkor Local government in Port Harcourt.
Unconfirmed reports suggest that the Rivers State Police Command stormed the rally and allegedly opened fire on the members of the movement, who gathered in Bori, Khana Local Government of the state on Sunday.
It was learnt that though the rally was billed to start by 2pm, fully armed policemen stormed the venue before the commencement of the programme, but it was unclear what led to the heavy shooting that followed the arrival of the security men.
It could not be confirmed if anyone was killed but scores were said to have been injured.
- Nyesom Wike has donated N500 million to Sokoto to support the rebuilding of central market
- Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders insists herdsmen are peaceful
- Afenifere says Buhari government represents only Fulani interests
- Fulanis should stay, Akeredolu has no power to deny them the right to live in Ondo – Northern Elders Forum
- Joe Biden has been sworn in as the 46th president of the United States
- FEC approves 65 years as new retirement age for teachers
- President Buhari presides over first FEC meeting of 2021
- Teachers violating COVID-19 guidelines in Abuja will be arrested and Prosecuted – Task Force
- ‘Have a good life, see you soon’ Trump says as he bows out of White House
- LAUTECH: Oyo Government approves N8Billion payment to Osun Government