Estimated Reading Time: <1
By Sean Fay
Real Madrid and Portugal star Cristiano Ronaldo has been awarded the FIFA Ballon d’Or for 2013.
Ronaldo won the award ahead of Barcelona star Lionel Messi and Bayern Munich’s Franck Ribery.
The 28-year-old’s statistics in 2013 have been simply mind-boggling with an astonishing 66 goals in 56 games for club and country – including nine hat-tricks.
It is the second time he has won the award, having previously won in 2008 as a Manchester United player.
Messi had won the award the previous four years.
- Bandits attack military camp in Niger State
- We ignored calls for Pantami’s resignation at the FEC meeting – Lai Mohammed
- 23 year-old comedienne, Ada Jesus is dead
- Senate approves fresh $1.5billions, €995millions loans for Federal, State Governments
- Just In: “They attacked the community and burnt their food stores” – Bandits are currently attacking villages in Zamfara State
- Breaking: House of reps minority leader calls for Isa Pantami’s sack
- Retail giant, Amazon, to set up South African headquarters – 5,239 jobs will be created in the construction phase alone
- IGP withdraws senior police officers from EFCC
- Nigerian Government expresses concern over developments in Chad
- Update: Police confirm attack on Greenfield University Kaduna