Estimated Reading Time: <1
By Sean Fay
Real Madrid and Portugal star Cristiano Ronaldo has been awarded the FIFA Ballon d’Or for 2013.
Ronaldo won the award ahead of Barcelona star Lionel Messi and Bayern Munich’s Franck Ribery.
The 28-year-old’s statistics in 2013 have been simply mind-boggling with an astonishing 66 goals in 56 games for club and country – including nine hat-tricks.
It is the second time he has won the award, having previously won in 2008 as a Manchester United player.
Messi had won the award the previous four years.
- NDLEA to test students, corps members, security agencies
- COVID-19: FG extends partial lockdown by a month
- Just In: Imo State Governor declares curfew in Orlu
- South-West Governors ban all forms of open grazing in the region
- Pregnant woman killed by bandits in Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna State
- Cross River, EU destroy arms surrendered by militants in the state
- State Governors meet with Miyetti Allah in Akure; here are some of the resolutions reached
- Filmmakers should collect permit to avoid harassment – Sanwo-Olu
- Federal Government is insincere with the handling of herdsmen crisis – Bamikole Omisore
- How I lost my wife, 4 children to Flood – 50-year-old man narrates in new CDD documentary