Estimated Reading Time: <1
Edin Dzeko had given City the lead when he slid in to score the game’s first goal of the match. Ivorian, Cheik Tiote scored a long-range goal which was disqualified as Gouffran was adjudged to be offside. Alvaro Negredo’s goal sealed victory for the Mancunian Blues.
Manchester City has now netted 94 goals this season. Last season, City scored 93 goals through the entire season.
If Arsenal can thump Aston Villa today (Monday), the Gunners will displace Manchester Blues at the top.
Liverpool defeated Stoke City by 5-3 in Saturday’s late kick off as Suarez continued his fine form and Sturridge marked his return after an injury-layoff with a goal. Liverpool is now fourth on the British Premier League table.
- “They are criminals” – Governor Seyi Makinde wants police to arrest those stoking ethnic tension
- CBN warns that revised cheque book becomes fully operational April 1
- DJ Khaled to host MTV Africa Music Awards Kampala 2021
- 600 Nigerians stranded in Saudi Arabia will be brought home soon – Abike Dabiri-Erewa
- Just In: University workers begin indefinite strike February 5
- Vice President Osinbajo raises alarm over increasing number of confirmed COVID-19 cases
- After a 2 year break, singer-songwriter DavidB, is back with ‘These Crazy Times’
- Chief Sunday Igboho insists Fulani herdsmen must leave Yoruba Land
- Don Jazzy unveils new 18-year-old female artiste
- Insecurity: Nasarawa State turns to President Buhari for help