Estimated Reading Time: <1
Edin Dzeko had given City the lead when he slid in to score the game’s first goal of the match. Ivorian, Cheik Tiote scored a long-range goal which was disqualified as Gouffran was adjudged to be offside. Alvaro Negredo’s goal sealed victory for the Mancunian Blues.
Manchester City has now netted 94 goals this season. Last season, City scored 93 goals through the entire season.
If Arsenal can thump Aston Villa today (Monday), the Gunners will displace Manchester Blues at the top.
Liverpool defeated Stoke City by 5-3 in Saturday’s late kick off as Suarez continued his fine form and Sturridge marked his return after an injury-layoff with a goal. Liverpool is now fourth on the British Premier League table.
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami