Estimated Reading Time: <1
On January 13th, the footballing world will turn its attention to Zurich, where the world’s best player of 2013 will be decided. Alongside Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo is Franck Ribery.
Looking solely at the goal tally for “CR7”, things could be difficult for the Frenchman. Ribery appears to be more of a team player though, providing more assists and, importantly, winning more titles!
Ronaldo scored 59 goals in all competitions – more than three times as many as Ribery (18). The Portugal international also fired his country to the World Cup finals with four goals in the playoff games against Sweden.
Ribery does have a clear advantage in terms of the “title haul” though, and football is a team sport. The Frenchman collected five titles with Bayern, Messi managed two with FC Barcelona (the league title and the domestic Super Cup) while Ronaldo ended the year with no trophies at Real Madrid.
Ribery’s team play is clear from the number of assists he provided: 16 assists in Bayern colours in 2013 are the best of all three players.
In the Champions League final against Borussia Dortmund, Ribery was involved in both goals: His fantastic pass set up Arjen Robben who squared to Mario Mandzukic to score the opening goal of the game, before Ribery’s flick set up Robben, who scored the winner.
Content Credit: Supersport.com
- Breaking: Nigerian telecommunication networks block access to Peoples Gazette Website
- Femi Adesina says Buhari felt it was the best time to rejig the security system in the country
- In Bauchi, Hisbah ‘Police’ arrests ‘Organizers’ of sex party
- Cross River Government renews commitment to eliminate malaria
- Herdsmen destroyed maize farm worth over N6.6Million – Ekiti farmers
- Opinion: Buhari’s new service Chiefs are new spokes in an old wheel
- COVID-19: Analysts say Nigeria lost N11.6 Trillion to pandemic
- The new Service Chiefs should not politicise security by aligning with politicians – says Governor Wike
- A female police officer in Ekiti has been sacked for getting pregnant while unmarried
- CBN to restructure commodity exchange, retains interest rate at 11.5%