Estimated Reading Time: <1
Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN) will be honoured with a trophy by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) for his immense contribution to sports and the philosophy of the Olympics movement.
Explaining further, the Secretary General of the Nigeria Olympic Committee (NOC), Tunde Popoola says the decision to honour the governor is based on his huge contribution to sports development in the country.
“The IOC Trophy is presented to an outstanding individual, who has contributed immensely to sports in a particular country.
“In Nigeria, Governor Fashola has been chosen as the recipient of the trophy, which also marked the 100 years of Modern Olympics. So the trophy will be presented by the representative of IOC in Nigeria, Habu Gumel, alongside the President of NOC, Sani Ndanusa,” Popoola said.
- Breaking: Nigerian telecommunication networks block access to Peoples Gazette Website
- Femi Adesina says Buhari felt it was the best time to rejig the security system in the country
- In Bauchi, Hisbah ‘Police’ arrests ‘Organizers’ of sex party
- Cross River Government renews commitment to eliminate malaria
- Herdsmen destroyed maize farm worth over N6.6Million – Ekiti farmers
- Opinion: Buhari’s new service Chiefs are new spokes in an old wheel
- COVID-19: Analysts say Nigeria lost N11.6 Trillion to pandemic
- The new Service Chiefs should not politicise security by aligning with politicians – says Governor Wike
- A female police officer in Ekiti has been sacked for getting pregnant while unmarried
- CBN to restructure commodity exchange, retains interest rate at 11.5%