Estimated Reading Time: <1
Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN) will be honoured with a trophy by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) for his immense contribution to sports and the philosophy of the Olympics movement.
Explaining further, the Secretary General of the Nigeria Olympic Committee (NOC), Tunde Popoola says the decision to honour the governor is based on his huge contribution to sports development in the country.
“The IOC Trophy is presented to an outstanding individual, who has contributed immensely to sports in a particular country.
“In Nigeria, Governor Fashola has been chosen as the recipient of the trophy, which also marked the 100 years of Modern Olympics. So the trophy will be presented by the representative of IOC in Nigeria, Habu Gumel, alongside the President of NOC, Sani Ndanusa,” Popoola said.
- Bandits attack military camp in Niger State
- We ignored calls for Pantami’s resignation at the FEC meeting – Lai Mohammed
- 23 year-old comedienne, Ada Jesus is dead
- Senate approves fresh $1.5billions, €995millions loans for Federal, State Governments
- Just In: “They attacked the community and burnt their food stores” – Bandits are currently attacking villages in Zamfara State
- Breaking: House of reps minority leader calls for Isa Pantami’s sack
- Retail giant, Amazon, to set up South African headquarters – 5,239 jobs will be created in the construction phase alone
- IGP withdraws senior police officers from EFCC
- Nigerian Government expresses concern over developments in Chad
- Update: Police confirm attack on Greenfield University Kaduna