Estimated Reading Time: <1
FIFA president Sepp Blatter is unhappy at Brazil’s level of preparedness for this year’s World Cup which is just five months away
So far, Six of the host nation’s 12 stadia have failed to meet FIFA’s 31 December completion deadline.
“No country has been so far behind in preparations since I have been at FIFA,” Blatter told a Swiss newspaper.
The 77-year-old Swiss has been at FIFA since 1975. He became the President of the Federation in 1998.
“It is the only host nation which has had so much time – seven years – in which to prepare.”
Construction problems and public protests about the financial costs of hosting the World Cup have clouded Brazil’s preparations for the tournament.
Blatter revealed that Brazil has just understood the scale of work required.
“No. Brazil has just found out what it means and has started work much too late.”
- Was Nigeria’s finance minister ignorant? or lying? – CBN Governor Emefiele says Printing money is a cardinal job of the lenders
- Helen McCrory, star of Peaky Blinders, dies aged 52
- German govt ignores Nigeria, picks Ghana to establish West African center for global health
- Cheta Nwanze: Security, civic space and the media
- DSS claims to have uncovered plans by IPOB to Bomb banks in South-East
- ‘Bandits are threatening to marry our girls’ Parents of abducted Kaduna students cry out
- Local Government workers block convoy of Nasarawa Deputy Governor
- Adaora Okoye: Unravelling myths surrounding women in leadership in Nigeria
- JUSUN sets April 19 for nationwide peaceful protest
- IGR for Nigerian states drops to a new low – NBS Report