Estimated Reading Time: <1
She gave the warning in a statement made available to newsmen following the announcement by Gov. Kayode Fayemi that the local government election in the state would hold this year.
Adelusi said that though government was yet to announce a specific date for the council polls, the staff of the commission must be up and doing.
According to her, the commission will not condone any act of laziness and poor attitude to work under any guise
She urged the staff to steer clear of politicians as doing so could create suspicion of compromise.
Adelusi assured the people of the state, especially political parties, of a level-playing ground during the election.
She urged members of the public to offer useful assistance to the commission, where necessary.
- Federal Government to deduct illegal mining fees from states’ allocations
- NiMET management appeal staff to shelve planned strike
- Victor Ejechi: Nigeria added 7,999 PhD holders to the unemployment market in 21 months
- Traders told me the story about northern governor leading Boko Haram says Mailafia
- Rights group writes US, Buhari, Ganduje, condemns religious policing in Nigeria
- NJC releases list of nominees for Supreme Court appointments
- Resume or be sacked, Ebonyi government threatens striking workers
- DSS to clamp down on notable personalities and groups who incite a breakdown of law and order
- Ogun State Government suspends lockdown
- Nigeria’s economy likely to lapse into second recession in four years – Minister