Estimated Reading Time: <1
By Muhammad Bello
House May reconvene earlier
As the debate over the resumption date of the National Assembly continues, there are strong indications that the 174 members of the All Progressives Congress (APC) are angling to topple the cart of the House of Representatives leadership in favour of some ranking members of the party like the current minority leader, Femi Gbajabiamila.
The ranks of the APC swelled December when 37 PDP lawmakers defected giving the opposition party a slight majority in the House. But this falls short of the constitutional requirement of 181 members needed to effect a change of leadership in the House.
On the sideline, some members have cut short their holiday and were said to have held private meetings in Abuja on how to effect the leadership change without rancour.
- House of representatives has withdrawn the water resources bill – here’s why
- Nigerian Senators reject Buhari’s nominee as PENCOM DG
- Nigeria’s 2020 budget has suffered a loss of over $14 billion – Senate President
- P&ID: UK Court orders release of $200 million deposit to Nigeria
- Nigeria@60: Federal Government declares October 1 Public holiday
- Buhari asks NASS for N147 billion refund for Ondo, four other states
- Convoy attack: Borno NASS members visit Zulum in Maiduguri
- ICPC should publish names of persons associated with missing school feeding funds – Minister
- Arewa Consultative Forum caution Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to watch his utterances
- 300 Rice Farmers in Cross River protest unpaid salaries