Estimated Reading Time: <1
By Muhammad Bello
House May reconvene earlier
As the debate over the resumption date of the National Assembly continues, there are strong indications that the 174 members of the All Progressives Congress (APC) are angling to topple the cart of the House of Representatives leadership in favour of some ranking members of the party like the current minority leader, Femi Gbajabiamila.
The ranks of the APC swelled December when 37 PDP lawmakers defected giving the opposition party a slight majority in the House. But this falls short of the constitutional requirement of 181 members needed to effect a change of leadership in the House.
On the sideline, some members have cut short their holiday and were said to have held private meetings in Abuja on how to effect the leadership change without rancour.
- Nigerian Military decimate Boko Haram camp in Borno
- Borno state Governor says south-easterners should negotiate for power rather than expect others to leave it for them
- Islamic State terrorists raid Nigeria’s military base in Marte, Borno
- ..had gone to the pharmacy to buy medicine …..How Gunmen abduct Imo State University lecturer
- Lagos Government releases work-from-home directive; Grade 14 & below to resume Feb 1
- Yoweri Museveni of Uganda wins 6th term re-election
- Rovers of Calabar to square up against 3SC in NNL season opening match
- Abia State Government gives 7 Days ultimatum to street traders in Aba
- Oyo State gets first female Police Commissioner
- Wedding Photos: Former speaker Dimeji Bankole weds Kebbi Governor’s daughter