Estimated Reading Time: <1
By Muhammad Bello
House May reconvene earlier
As the debate over the resumption date of the National Assembly continues, there are strong indications that the 174 members of the All Progressives Congress (APC) are angling to topple the cart of the House of Representatives leadership in favour of some ranking members of the party like the current minority leader, Femi Gbajabiamila.
The ranks of the APC swelled December when 37 PDP lawmakers defected giving the opposition party a slight majority in the House. But this falls short of the constitutional requirement of 181 members needed to effect a change of leadership in the House.
On the sideline, some members have cut short their holiday and were said to have held private meetings in Abuja on how to effect the leadership change without rancour.
- 100 pilots at Bristow helicopters have been fired
- Federal government develops national policy on virtual meetings
- Insecurity: President Buhari directs security operatives to re-strategise
- Nigerian Govt increase the fine for hate speech from N500,000 to 5 million naira
- “We want a free and fair election” – Governor Wike wants INEC to be apolitical in Edo State
- Breaking: Kwara deputy governor and wife test positive for COVID-19
- Buhari orders Niger Delta Development Commission to pay its scholarship beneficiaries studying abroad
- Hamzat Lawal listed as a Global Malala Fund Education Champion
- Former AGF, Mohammed Adoke pleads not guilty to money laundering charges
- $500 Million loan: China has no plan to take over Nigeria’s sovereignty – Chinese Government