Estimated Reading Time: <1
By Muhammad Bello
House May reconvene earlier
As the debate over the resumption date of the National Assembly continues, there are strong indications that the 174 members of the All Progressives Congress (APC) are angling to topple the cart of the House of Representatives leadership in favour of some ranking members of the party like the current minority leader, Femi Gbajabiamila.
The ranks of the APC swelled December when 37 PDP lawmakers defected giving the opposition party a slight majority in the House. But this falls short of the constitutional requirement of 181 members needed to effect a change of leadership in the House.
On the sideline, some members have cut short their holiday and were said to have held private meetings in Abuja on how to effect the leadership change without rancour.
- Uber, Bolt drivers in Lagos threaten to begin strike on Monday
- Photos: Royal Funeral for Prince Philip as he’s laid to rest at Windsor Castle
- One dead as bandits attack police checkpoint in Taraba
- COVID-19: ‘Forcing people to be vaccinated is immoral’ Bishop Oyedepo says
- Nigerian Government drill boreholes in Buhari home state to avoid the spread of Covid-19
- Odua self-determination rally suffers setback as police surround venue in Ibadan
- Dogs to complement security arrangements in Katsina boarding schools
- Breaking: University of Ibadan releases 2020/2021 Post-UTME results
- Nigeria Medical Association denies ties with criminal bandits of Zamfara
- Peru’s former president, Martin Vizcarra, banned from holding public office