Estimated Reading Time: <1
Spokesman for leaders of ex-militant groups in the State, Mr Eris Paul, gave the commendation in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria in Yenagoa.
According to him, efforts by past administrations in the state to curb cultism, sea piracy, kidnapping, and oil theft, did not yield much result.
He said the present administration had made remarkable strides in curtailing the vices.
“Before now, the state was gripped by violence and insecurity, but the present administration has brought peace and development in the last two years”.
Paul also said that the Dickson administration had shown commitment to the development of basic infrastructure in parts of the state which had impacted positively on the lives of the people.
“Dickson has done a lot; many of us had not seen a flyover in this state in the past, but we have started witnessing it in our generation; we are very much impressed.
“The era of violent crimes and threat to life is over. The era of cultism and armed robbery attacks is also over in the state”, Paul said.
He noted that government had done a lot in the provision of infrastructure because of the relative peace and security in the state.
“Development cannot take place in an atmosphere of violence and kidnapping of contractors.
“Maybe what we are seeing now is the beginning of what is to come. Everywhere I go now, I boldly say Bayelsa is one of the most peaceful states in Nigeria”, he added.
He called on the people to support government and the security agencies to ensure the sustenance of existing peace and progress in Bayelsa.
“We must ensure the security of our contractors as our development partners as they are not here to cart away our money”, Paul said.
- Over 15 million Nigerians abuse drugs – NDLEA new boss promises to end drug abuse
- Abuja resident hospitalised after IGP’s orderly fires AK-47 rifle in beer parlour
- Buba Marwa resumes office as NDLEA Chairman
- Invest in dispelling COVID-19 misinformation – Cross River Primary Healthcare DG urges FG
- Oyo PDP alleges APC is behind production of fake Amotekun uniforms
- Anambra first lady, Ebelechukwu Obiano gets moderna COVID-19 vaccine in America
- 2023: Nigerians should reward Tinubu with Presidency – House of Rep member
- Declare Dogara’s seat vacant; PDP asks court
- Buhari appoints DG for National Directorate of Employment
- Federal Government says COVID-19 tests are not required for returning students