Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigeria’s President, Goodluck Jonathan has said that the policies of his administration are designed to bring succour to Nigerians
A 40 man delegation of the Road Transport Employers Association of Nigeria (RTEAN) had paid the President a courtesy visit when he said this with reference to the proposed automobile policy which would likely put an end to importation of used vehicles
President Jonathan also praised the association when he said:
“You are the most important body. I’m pleased with your position; we cannot come up with a policy that will punish Nigerians, else I will abort it immediately.”
The President revealed that the country spends about $4 billion on the vehicle importation yearly. He was quick to add that more jobs would be created when vehicles are assembled or even manufactured in the country
The association gave President Jonthan the title of Great Grand Patron of RTEAN and decorated him with the centenary card.
The RTEAN chairman said RTEAN was fully in support of the automotive policy that his members had resolved to partner with the FG to create 1.5 million jobs nationwide for young people within the next one year.
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems
- Police commend officers for rejecting N500,000 bribe
- Opinion: Yinka Odumakin, the storm is over!
- “Someone said I slept with the wife of the man who helped my career”, – Perruzi breaks silence
- USSD SAGA: Will the suffering of Nigerians ever end?
- CCT’s media officer who wrote the ‘Biafran Boys’ statement has been recalled
- New salary and welfare package for Judges in the works – Malami
- ‘Kaduna Government has no choice but to reduce the size of the public service’ – El Rufai