Estimated Reading Time: <1
The head of the Palestinian mission, Jamal al-Jamal was taken to hospital after the explosion but died of his injuries some four hours later.
Officials said the blast happened when Mr Jamal was moving a safe. Czech police say there is no evidence that it was a planned attack.
The explosion happened at a two-storey property in the city’s Suchdol district. Mr Jamal had only recently moved into the house.
Palestinian mission spokesman Nabil El-Fahel told Czech public radio Mr Jamal had been in the flat with his family at the time of the explosion.
Palestinian officials have been quoted as saying the blast took place when Mr Jamal attempted to move a safe from an old embassy building to the new one.
“The device was in a safe and was triggered after the door of the safe was opened. The police are not ruling out that the device was a part of the safe,” Czech police spokeswoman Andrea Zoulova told Reuters.
The Palestinian foreign ministry said it would send a delegation to Prague to assist with the investigation.
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Messing with mercenaries on Boko Haram again
- Bye-election: EFCC arrests a top Bauchi State government official for alleged vote buying
- Just In: Nigerian Army Chief, Buratai Asks Generals to Launch Spiritual Warfare Against Insecurity
- Bayelsa By-Elections: 3 policemen drown in boat mishap
- Breaking: Chief Harry Ayoade Akande, is dead
- Nigerian Soldier assaults, strips lady naked in Ogun over ‘indecent dressing’
- US removes visa reciprocity fees for Nigerian applicants
- Pensioners reject Government’s plan to borrow from pension fund
- ‘Avoid politicians approaching you to destabilize the government’ – Buratai warns Generals
- Lagos Senatorial by-elections hold today