Estimated Reading Time: <1
Dr Segun Ajiboye, the Chairman, Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), University of Ibadan chapter, has described the payment of lecturers’ five-month salary arrears by the Federal Government as encouraging.
Ajiboye told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Thursday in Ibadan that the federal government had with this started implementing the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) reached with the union.
“It is encouraging that the salary arrears have been paid to members, and I believe this cuts across board.
“Right now, members are ready to go back to work. We however expect government to be sincere in fulfilling other aspects of the MOU,’’ he said.
Ajiboye expressed optimistic that government would not go back on the agreement.
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Messing with mercenaries on Boko Haram again
- Bye-election: EFCC arrests a top Bauchi State government official for alleged vote buying
- Just In: Nigerian Army Chief, Buratai Asks Generals to Launch Spiritual Warfare Against Insecurity
- Bayelsa By-Elections: 3 policemen drown in boat mishap
- Breaking: Chief Harry Ayoade Akande, is dead
- Nigerian Soldier assaults, strips lady naked in Ogun over ‘indecent dressing’
- US removes visa reciprocity fees for Nigerian applicants
- Pensioners reject Government’s plan to borrow from pension fund
- ‘Avoid politicians approaching you to destabilize the government’ – Buratai warns Generals
- Lagos Senatorial by-elections hold today