Estimated Reading Time: <1
Some of the World’s best players including: Lionel Messi, Dani Alves, Fernando Torres, have spoken about the Adidas Brazuca, next year’s World Cup Ball
Brazuca is also the first ever six-panel ball, combining the best technology from the popular Tango 12 and Uefa Champions League balls to improve symmetry, uniformity and efficiency.
Some of the world’s top players were involved in the process, including Leo Messi, Zinedine Zidane and Steven Gerrard, as well as non-adidas sponsored players.
Leo Messi – Argentina captain
My first impression of the ball is that it’s really good. The design is different, with lots of colours. I’ve had the opportunity to test Brazuca and it’s great.
Dani Alves – Brazil
My first impression of the Brazuca is of a ball that’s fantastic and that we’re going to have a lot of fun with it.
Fernando Torres – Spain
Well I think it looks quite impressive. The different design and colours are all about Brazil and Samba football so it’s really nice. Brazuca is a really clever name as well.
It looks like all the balls are the same but there are always a few differences. It’s really useful to be able to train with it before the start of the World Cup.
Lukas Podolski – Germany
I think adidas have a good ball at every World Cup and the World Cup is about colours. When you play with different balls in training or a match, having it weeks and months before the tournament is really important.
Iker Casillas – Spain captain
brazuca has a stunning design that feels inspired by Brazil. Now the ball has been launched the tournament feels a lot closer. I’m looking forward to playing in Brazil with a great ball. Hopefully with brazuca we can get the same result as in 2010.
- Nigeria declares public holiday for Eid-El-Maulud Celebration
- Buhari re-appoints INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu for another 5-year-term
- We must regulate social media – Nigerian govt insists making reference to #EndSARS protests
- 2 years after, judge throws out case against 57 Lagos men accused of homosexuality
- #EndSARS Protest: Finding a Pathway to Sustainable Peace and Development
- Supreme Court struck out a suit over disputed Soku oilfield – here’s why
- Breaking: Lagos govt approves reopening of markets across the state
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Does the FCT have a minister?
- Breaking: Long queues of petrol return to filling stations in Abuja
- Breaking: Hoodlums are currently looting the NYSC office in Abuja