Estimated Reading Time: <1
Some of the World’s best players including: Lionel Messi, Dani Alves, Fernando Torres, have spoken about the Adidas Brazuca, next year’s World Cup Ball
Brazuca is also the first ever six-panel ball, combining the best technology from the popular Tango 12 and Uefa Champions League balls to improve symmetry, uniformity and efficiency.
Some of the world’s top players were involved in the process, including Leo Messi, Zinedine Zidane and Steven Gerrard, as well as non-adidas sponsored players.
Leo Messi – Argentina captain
My first impression of the ball is that it’s really good. The design is different, with lots of colours. I’ve had the opportunity to test Brazuca and it’s great.
Dani Alves – Brazil
My first impression of the Brazuca is of a ball that’s fantastic and that we’re going to have a lot of fun with it.
Fernando Torres – Spain
Well I think it looks quite impressive. The different design and colours are all about Brazil and Samba football so it’s really nice. Brazuca is a really clever name as well.
It looks like all the balls are the same but there are always a few differences. It’s really useful to be able to train with it before the start of the World Cup.
Lukas Podolski – Germany
I think adidas have a good ball at every World Cup and the World Cup is about colours. When you play with different balls in training or a match, having it weeks and months before the tournament is really important.
Iker Casillas – Spain captain
brazuca has a stunning design that feels inspired by Brazil. Now the ball has been launched the tournament feels a lot closer. I’m looking forward to playing in Brazil with a great ball. Hopefully with brazuca we can get the same result as in 2010.
- Insecurity: Nurses In Ogun State threaten strike until ‘safety is guaranteed’
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems
- Police commend officers for rejecting N500,000 bribe
- Opinion: Yinka Odumakin, the storm is over!
- “Someone said I slept with the wife of the man who helped my career”, – Perruzi breaks silence
- USSD SAGA: Will the suffering of Nigerians ever end?
- CCT’s media officer who wrote the ‘Biafran Boys’ statement has been recalled
- New salary and welfare package for Judges in the works – Malami