Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Super Eagles of Nigeria were held to a 1-1 draw by lower league side Gokana United in a CHAN preparatory match. The match was played at the newly built Gokana Stadium on the outskirts of Port Harcourt this Saturday and was the debut game at the stadium.
The Eagles struggled to dominate the encounter over the Amateur Division One campaigners in the early minutes of the game as a result of the bumpy pitch.
The Eagles however took the lead in the 15th minute through Barnabas Imenger.
Gokana United reacted three minutes later, when goalkeeper Chigozie Agbim was forced to parry a shot into his net.
Both teams were impressive in the second half but none could score a goal
- Miyetti Allah Cattle breeders association say kidnapping is a National problem
- Arewa Consultative Forum wants govt to act swiftly and stop the attacks on Fulani communities in the south west
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Buhari, now is time to speak to the Fulani youths
- Abia Governor dissolves state executive council
- Ignoring Governor Ayade’s instructions, CRUTECH insists on ‘no fee, no exams’
- American Legendary Talk-Show host; Larry King has died of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Kano Governor says closing down schools will be a ‘tragedy’
- IGP orders arrest of Sunday Igboho
- 2023: Governor Ortom should run for senate – Special Adviser
- Nigerian Ports Authority to launch Electronic Truck call-up app