Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Super Eagles of Nigeria were held to a 1-1 draw by lower league side Gokana United in a CHAN preparatory match. The match was played at the newly built Gokana Stadium on the outskirts of Port Harcourt this Saturday and was the debut game at the stadium.
The Eagles struggled to dominate the encounter over the Amateur Division One campaigners in the early minutes of the game as a result of the bumpy pitch.
The Eagles however took the lead in the 15th minute through Barnabas Imenger.
Gokana United reacted three minutes later, when goalkeeper Chigozie Agbim was forced to parry a shot into his net.
Both teams were impressive in the second half but none could score a goal
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami