Estimated Reading Time: <1
At least 13 people were killed and scores were wounded Sunday by a suicide bomber at a railway station in southern Russia, Russian officials have said. This increases worries about terrorism ahead of February’s Olympics in the Black Sea resort of Sochi.
Associated Press reports that The National Anti-Terrorist Committee said the explosion at the central railway station in the city of Volgograd was set off by a suicide bomber.
According to Vladimir Markin, a spokesman for the nation’s top investigative agency, the Investigative Committee, at least 13 people died in the blast. Russia’s Health Ministry has also announced that about fifty (50) people were injured.
No group has claimed responsibility for Sunday’s attack yet. The attack comes several months after Chechen rebel leader Doku Umarov called for new attacks against civilian targets in Russia, including the Sochi Games.
- “Discontinue the street protests” – Read Muhammadu Buhari’s speech
- Breaking: Edo state govt reviews 24-hour curfew earlier imposed on the state
- US Govt wants the prosecution of all those involved in killings of #EndSARS protesters
- “We have received information alleging crimes” – ICC on #EndSARS protests in Nigeria
- We give you 24 hours to return the staff of office of the Oba of Lagos OR…… – Lagos ruling house declares
- Breaking: Finally, Buhari to address Nigerians after #LekkiMassacre and #EndSARS
- The Nigerian army says videos of Lekki tollgate shooting are photoshopped and fake
- NSA says Buhari is to provide a solution to nationwide crisis
- It was a system glitch – Instagram apologizes for censoring #EndSARS posts
- Just In: Attempted Jailbreak foiled at Ikoyi Prison