Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigerian footballer, Imoh Ezekiel was Man of the Match after bagging a brace as his club Standard Liege’s 5-1 defeated Kortrijk away in a Belgian Jupiler Pro League fixture
The 21-year-old had netted in the 13th minute to extend Standard’s lead, after left-back Van Damme had opened the scoring seven minutes earlier off an assist from Imoh Ezekiel at the Guldensporenstadion.
Ezekiel netted again for the league leaders deep in first-half injury time, sliding in a pass from strike partner Micky Batsshuayi.
Senegalese veteran Elimane Coulibaly pulled a goal back for the hosts in the 55th minute, but Batshuayi restored Standard’s three-goal cushion on the hour-mark before Igor Rinck de Camargo headed in a cross from Ezekiel in the 77th minute.
Ezekiel, who has collected eight goals in 21 appearances for his club this season, earned 82% of the votes cast to decide the best performer of Friday’s tie.
- Photos: Royal Funeral for Prince Philip as he’s laid to rest at Windsor Castle
- One dead as bandits attack police checkpoint in Taraba
- COVID-19: ‘Forcing people to be vaccinated is immoral’ Bishop Oyedepo says
- Nigerian Government drill boreholes in Buhari home state to avoid the spread of Covid-19
- Odua self-determination rally suffers setback as police surround venue in Ibadan
- Dogs to complement security arrangements in Katsina boarding schools
- Breaking: University of Ibadan releases 2020/2021 Post-UTME results
- Nigeria Medical Association denies ties with criminal bandits of Zamfara
- Peru’s former president, Martin Vizcarra, banned from holding public office
- Was Nigeria’s finance minister ignorant? or lying? – CBN Governor Emefiele says Printing money is a cardinal job of the lenders