Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigerian footballer, Imoh Ezekiel was Man of the Match after bagging a brace as his club Standard Liege’s 5-1 defeated Kortrijk away in a Belgian Jupiler Pro League fixture
The 21-year-old had netted in the 13th minute to extend Standard’s lead, after left-back Van Damme had opened the scoring seven minutes earlier off an assist from Imoh Ezekiel at the Guldensporenstadion.
Ezekiel netted again for the league leaders deep in first-half injury time, sliding in a pass from strike partner Micky Batsshuayi.
Senegalese veteran Elimane Coulibaly pulled a goal back for the hosts in the 55th minute, but Batshuayi restored Standard’s three-goal cushion on the hour-mark before Igor Rinck de Camargo headed in a cross from Ezekiel in the 77th minute.
Ezekiel, who has collected eight goals in 21 appearances for his club this season, earned 82% of the votes cast to decide the best performer of Friday’s tie.
- Femi Adesina says Nigerians who fail to pray are guilty of prolonging the war against insecurity
- COVID-19: UK to close all travel corridors
- NAFDAC warns against the circulation of fake coronavirus vaccines
- The Kwara women who built community school with their personal funds have been refunded
- NIMC lists 50 NIN enrolment centres in Lagos, Abuja
- CAC declares companies inactive for failing to file annual returns
- Buhari should change service chiefs and consider new strategies to tackle insecurity – Wike
- Nigeria’s inflation rises to 15.75%, highest since 2017
- Lagos State Government to close Apapa Dock for railway project
- Kaduna State government rescues 160 Almajiri children