Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigeria goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama has revealed he turned down Porto and Spanish club Getafe to join Lille.
“I had several offers from Porto and several Spanish clubs like Getafe, but I finally chose Lille because by then they were doing well on the league table and my brother, Aniekan, was also playing in France,” Enyeama told L’Equipe magazine.
The 31-year-old goalkeeper also spoke about his trials at Bolton Wanderers then in the English Premier League.
“I was close to signing for Bolton, but I don’t know why I didn’t because I did well at the trials. Could it have been a problem between my agent and the club? I cannot tell but I moved on,” he said in an extensive special feature on him by the top French sports magazine.
‘Vinnie’, as he is known in France, joined Lille as a free agent in 2011 from Israeli club Hapoel Tel-Aviv.
He was frozen out in his first season at Lille and had to go on loan to another Israeli club Maccabi Tel-Aviv for the 2012/13 season.
However, this season the former Enyimba star, who holds a diploma in biochemistry, has shone through to go an amazing 1062 minutes unbeaten in the French Ligue 1.
Lille have promptly extended his contract till June 2017.
- Presidency defends Pantami, says he’s the victim of a ‘cancel campaign’
- Instagram Comedian and Influencer, Pankeeroy arrested for Bitcoin fraud
- Popular Yoruba Actor, Baba Ijesha arrested for allegedly raping 14 year old
- Oyo State Governor’s Lodge in Abuja to cost N1.2 Billion
- Allegations against Pantami are not a big deal – Arewa group
- We have strengthened security at the borders to prevent infiltration from Chad – Defence Minister
- COVID-19: Lagos concludes administration of vaccine first dose
- 8 AK-47 rifles stolen from soldiers in Benue have been recovered -Governor Ortom
- Judiciary workers in Lagos announce partial resumption
- Gunmen kidnap 18 persons in Ibarapa, Oyo State