Estimated Reading Time: <1
The aircraft Boeing 737-500 with Registration No 5N-BLC, operated by Aero contractors managed to land safely at the Murtala Mohammed Airport, Lagos, following loss of pressure in one of the tyres.
Passengers on board the plane screamed for their lives as the pilot was struggling to land the plane, a passenger tells NewsWireNGR..
The passenger who does not want his name mentioned said, “We all screamed Jesus and Allah depending of who your God is as the pilot managed to land the plane”…
“I call on the authorities to go through the planes we fly in this country, we cannot be risking our lives flying planes that are not properly checked by the Aviation authorities.
Confirming the incident, Yakubu Dati, Coordinating General Manager Aviation Parastatals in a statement issued noted that the aircraft which landed at 10.50am had a total of 104 passengers and crew members on board.
He added that the aircraft has since been towed to the apron and Accident Investigation Prevention Bureau, AIPB has commenced investigation into the incident.
We wish to assure all air travelers of their safety and caution against magnifying a manageable incident out of proportion.
- Nyesom Wike has donated N500 million to Sokoto to support the rebuilding of central market
- Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders insists herdsmen are peaceful
- Afenifere says Buhari government represents only Fulani interests
- Fulanis should stay, Akeredolu has no power to deny them the right to live in Ondo – Northern Elders Forum
- Joe Biden has been sworn in as the 46th president of the United States
- FEC approves 65 years as new retirement age for teachers
- President Buhari presides over first FEC meeting of 2021
- Teachers violating COVID-19 guidelines in Abuja will be arrested and Prosecuted – Task Force
- ‘Have a good life, see you soon’ Trump says as he bows out of White House
- LAUTECH: Oyo Government approves N8Billion payment to Osun Government