Estimated Reading Time: <1
The aircraft Boeing 737-500 with Registration No 5N-BLC, operated by Aero contractors managed to land safely at the Murtala Mohammed Airport, Lagos, following loss of pressure in one of the tyres.
Passengers on board the plane screamed for their lives as the pilot was struggling to land the plane, a passenger tells NewsWireNGR..
The passenger who does not want his name mentioned said, “We all screamed Jesus and Allah depending of who your God is as the pilot managed to land the plane”…
“I call on the authorities to go through the planes we fly in this country, we cannot be risking our lives flying planes that are not properly checked by the Aviation authorities.
Confirming the incident, Yakubu Dati, Coordinating General Manager Aviation Parastatals in a statement issued noted that the aircraft which landed at 10.50am had a total of 104 passengers and crew members on board.
He added that the aircraft has since been towed to the apron and Accident Investigation Prevention Bureau, AIPB has commenced investigation into the incident.
We wish to assure all air travelers of their safety and caution against magnifying a manageable incident out of proportion.
- Breaking: Southeast governors announce own security outfit ‘Ebubeagu’
- #SaabGate: Joe Abah denies involvement in Alex Saab campaign
- Breaking: South-East governors meet in Imo on security
- Ramadan: Look out for crescent from Monday – Sultan
- Police rescue 15 abducted persons, 32 cows in Kaduna
- Police arrest 17 suspected cultists in Abuja
- SERAP says it is unfair to pay judges less, while Presidents and governors take home “huge salaries”
- Catholic Priest abducted in Imo
- Collective responsibility needed in fight against poverty — Okorocha
- INTERVIEW: I am excited people looked beyond the lip gloss to enjoy my content – Enioluwa Adeoluwa, 21-year-old Nigeria’s front-line Influencer