Estimated Reading Time: <1
The duo were said to have attacked Ezoh while armed with cutlass, broken bottles and hammer, after which they dispossessed him of 6 mobile phones and N165,000 cash.
Meku and Daniel who now face a two-count charge of conspiracy and armed robbery, pleaded not guilty when the charges were read to them.
Vanguard reports that:
According to the charge, Meku and Daniel committed the offences on June 20, 2008 at Techno Horizon Company, Alesh Str., off Kiri-Kiri town, Apapa, Lagos at 9.00 p.m. State counsel, Afolabi Sholebo informed the court that the offences contravened Sections 402 and 403 of the Criminal Code Laws of Lagos State.
At the resumed trial, Sholebo told the court that there were no witnesses in court and asked for a trial date to enable him produce witnesses in court which the defense counsel, O. A Azeez, didn’t object to.
The presiding judge, Justice Aishat Opesanwo subsequently adjourned the case to February 13 for continuation of trial.
- Breaking: Nigerian telecommunication networks block access to Peoples Gazette Website
- Femi Adesina says Buhari felt it was the best time to rejig the security system in the country
- In Bauchi, Hisbah ‘Police’ arrests ‘Organizers’ of sex party
- Cross River Government renews commitment to eliminate malaria
- Herdsmen destroyed maize farm worth over N6.6Million – Ekiti farmers
- Opinion: Buhari’s new service Chiefs are new spokes in an old wheel
- COVID-19: Analysts say Nigeria lost N11.6 Trillion to pandemic
- The new Service Chiefs should not politicise security by aligning with politicians – says Governor Wike
- A female police officer in Ekiti has been sacked for getting pregnant while unmarried
- CBN to restructure commodity exchange, retains interest rate at 11.5%