Estimated Reading Time: <1
The duo were said to have attacked Ezoh while armed with cutlass, broken bottles and hammer, after which they dispossessed him of 6 mobile phones and N165,000 cash.
Meku and Daniel who now face a two-count charge of conspiracy and armed robbery, pleaded not guilty when the charges were read to them.
Vanguard reports that:
According to the charge, Meku and Daniel committed the offences on June 20, 2008 at Techno Horizon Company, Alesh Str., off Kiri-Kiri town, Apapa, Lagos at 9.00 p.m. State counsel, Afolabi Sholebo informed the court that the offences contravened Sections 402 and 403 of the Criminal Code Laws of Lagos State.
At the resumed trial, Sholebo told the court that there were no witnesses in court and asked for a trial date to enable him produce witnesses in court which the defense counsel, O. A Azeez, didn’t object to.
The presiding judge, Justice Aishat Opesanwo subsequently adjourned the case to February 13 for continuation of trial.
- For allegedly confiscating N284.5m, Nasarawa State Assembly demands sack of SSG
- NCAA announce a number of airports where domestic flights will resume Operations in Nigeria
- Churches and Mosques remain closed in Lagos
- Again, blackout in Nigeria as national electricity grid collapse
- Nigerian senate raises crude oil benchmark to $28 per barrel
- Updated: Nigeria will work to ensure Adesina’s re-election – Buhari
- National Assembly approves Buhari’s $28.2 billion loan
- #JUSTICE4UWA: Senators want stiffer penalties for rapists and more protection for the girl child
- Breaking: Court orders Orji Kalu’s release
- Police arrests suspect linked to the rape and murder of Ms Vera Uwa