Estimated Reading Time: <1
The duo were said to have attacked Ezoh while armed with cutlass, broken bottles and hammer, after which they dispossessed him of 6 mobile phones and N165,000 cash.
Meku and Daniel who now face a two-count charge of conspiracy and armed robbery, pleaded not guilty when the charges were read to them.
Vanguard reports that:
According to the charge, Meku and Daniel committed the offences on June 20, 2008 at Techno Horizon Company, Alesh Str., off Kiri-Kiri town, Apapa, Lagos at 9.00 p.m. State counsel, Afolabi Sholebo informed the court that the offences contravened Sections 402 and 403 of the Criminal Code Laws of Lagos State.
At the resumed trial, Sholebo told the court that there were no witnesses in court and asked for a trial date to enable him produce witnesses in court which the defense counsel, O. A Azeez, didn’t object to.
The presiding judge, Justice Aishat Opesanwo subsequently adjourned the case to February 13 for continuation of trial.
- Bandits attack military camp in Niger State
- We ignored calls for Pantami’s resignation at the FEC meeting – Lai Mohammed
- 23 year-old comedienne, Ada Jesus is dead
- Senate approves fresh $1.5billions, €995millions loans for Federal, State Governments
- Just In: “They attacked the community and burnt their food stores” – Bandits are currently attacking villages in Zamfara State
- Breaking: House of reps minority leader calls for Isa Pantami’s sack
- Retail giant, Amazon, to set up South African headquarters – 5,239 jobs will be created in the construction phase alone
- IGP withdraws senior police officers from EFCC
- Nigerian Government expresses concern over developments in Chad
- Update: Police confirm attack on Greenfield University Kaduna