Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Rivers State Governor, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, has said ahead of the forth coming 2015 general elections in Nigeria. The party which he was elected for a second term mandate, the Peoples Democratic Party can never win elections in the country.
Amaechi now a memeber of the All Progressives Congress (APC) made the remarks in Port Harcourt on Friday night.
The Governor said with the exodus of PDP members to the All Progressives Congress, the ruling party was on its way out of power.
“Most of you may have known that I have since left the PDP to a better party called the All Progressives Congress because the PDP is a drowning party and the facts remain that PDP is a drowning party.
“Watch out before March if we don’t have the numbers that we are looking for. So, you can’t call us opposition anymore because there are three arms of government and only two are electable; the executive and legislature.
“Yes, the PDP has the national executive, but we are inching close to having the legislature. Who then would be called the opposition if we have it?”
Amaechi, went on to state the reasons he left the PDP for the APC….
“But the basic reason why we left is the resources of Rivers State. I have told all of you on several occasions that the wife of the President was not elected the governor of Rivers State. I am the governor of Rivers State and husband to Judith Amaechi.
“I left because of the attempt by the wife of the President to micromanage governance in Rivers. I said no, you can’t; so that if I fail, they will not say the wife of the President failed, Governor Amaechi failed. I am accountable to God and to men and women,” he added.
- Foreign affairs minister, Geoffrey Onyeama recovers from COVID-19
- Osun-Osogbo festival 2020 has been cancelled
- Former Abia Governor, Theodore Orji denies ownership of properties investigated by EFCC
- FIRS, NIPOST fight ‘unnecessary and unhelpful’ says FIRS boss as Reps intervene
- DSS invites Obadiah Mailafia for alleging that Governors are sponsoring Boko Haram
- Protesters in Mali are demanding the President’s resignation
- Nigeria is expecting arms shipment from US, China, Jordan says Buhari
- Ondo Election: Sanwo-Olu heads APC campaign committee
- Insurgency: NAF to establish Base, deploy air assets in Gombe
- The Empire Strikes Back: Indian Workers Insist Glo is Doing Everything to Avoid Paying Them