Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Blues managed a slim 1-0 victory over Swansea at Stamford Bridge through an Eden Hazard’s first half goal. Their performance was however questionable.
“They kill me,” Mourinho said.“Every game I am tired.
“At half-time we should be relaxed with a comfortable result and we were not. The first thing that happens in the second half was the biggest chance of the game and after that we had a clear penalty [which was not given].
“If you read all these things you think we would go home with a comfortable result but the time goes on and you don’t score, and the opposition starts to believe.”
Mourinho praised goalkeeper Petr Cech but refused to criticize his strikers
“But the boys worked hard defensively in that part of the game, and the biggest responsibility for the lack of goals was the goalkeeper, who made three or four tremendous saves.
“They [Eto’o, Fernando Torres and Demba Ba] always give something to the team. No winning goals, but they give what they can.”
Chelsea will face title contenders Liverpool on Sunday in a fixture which is expected to be crunch.
- Photos: Royal Funeral for Prince Philip as he’s laid to rest at Windsor Castle
- One dead as bandits attack police checkpoint in Taraba
- COVID-19: ‘Forcing people to be vaccinated is immoral’ Bishop Oyedepo says
- Nigerian Government drill boreholes in Buhari home state to avoid the spread of Covid-19
- Odua self-determination rally suffers setback as police surround venue in Ibadan
- Dogs to complement security arrangements in Katsina boarding schools
- Breaking: University of Ibadan releases 2020/2021 Post-UTME results
- Nigeria Medical Association denies ties with criminal bandits of Zamfara
- Peru’s former president, Martin Vizcarra, banned from holding public office
- Was Nigeria’s finance minister ignorant? or lying? – CBN Governor Emefiele says Printing money is a cardinal job of the lenders