Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Blues managed a slim 1-0 victory over Swansea at Stamford Bridge through an Eden Hazard’s first half goal. Their performance was however questionable.
“They kill me,” Mourinho said.“Every game I am tired.
“At half-time we should be relaxed with a comfortable result and we were not. The first thing that happens in the second half was the biggest chance of the game and after that we had a clear penalty [which was not given].
“If you read all these things you think we would go home with a comfortable result but the time goes on and you don’t score, and the opposition starts to believe.”
Mourinho praised goalkeeper Petr Cech but refused to criticize his strikers
“But the boys worked hard defensively in that part of the game, and the biggest responsibility for the lack of goals was the goalkeeper, who made three or four tremendous saves.
“They [Eto’o, Fernando Torres and Demba Ba] always give something to the team. No winning goals, but they give what they can.”
Chelsea will face title contenders Liverpool on Sunday in a fixture which is expected to be crunch.
- Oyo State gets first female Police Commissioner
- Wedding Photos: Former speaker Dimeji Bankole weds Kebbi Governor’s daughter
- Nigeria’s Golden Eaglets qualify for WAFU final, U17 AFCON
- Femi Adesina says Nigerians who fail to pray are guilty of prolonging the war against insecurity
- COVID-19: UK to close all travel corridors
- NAFDAC warns against the circulation of fake coronavirus vaccines
- The Kwara women who built community school with their personal funds have been refunded
- NIMC lists 50 NIN enrolment centres in Lagos, Abuja
- CAC declares companies inactive for failing to file annual returns
- Buhari should change service chiefs and consider new strategies to tackle insecurity – Wike