Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Blues managed a slim 1-0 victory over Swansea at Stamford Bridge through an Eden Hazard’s first half goal. Their performance was however questionable.
“They kill me,” Mourinho said.“Every game I am tired.
“At half-time we should be relaxed with a comfortable result and we were not. The first thing that happens in the second half was the biggest chance of the game and after that we had a clear penalty [which was not given].
“If you read all these things you think we would go home with a comfortable result but the time goes on and you don’t score, and the opposition starts to believe.”
Mourinho praised goalkeeper Petr Cech but refused to criticize his strikers
“But the boys worked hard defensively in that part of the game, and the biggest responsibility for the lack of goals was the goalkeeper, who made three or four tremendous saves.
“They [Eto’o, Fernando Torres and Demba Ba] always give something to the team. No winning goals, but they give what they can.”
Chelsea will face title contenders Liverpool on Sunday in a fixture which is expected to be crunch.
- How the CDD Election Analysis Center work to foster democracy in Nigeria
- #EndSARS: Bayelsa Government Inaugurates Judicial Panel Of Inquiry
- Court rejects EFCC’s request for an arrest warrant for Diezani
- Prisoners who escaped from Edo prison rearrested for robbery and attempted murder
- Adamawa State: Police recovers 35 tractors from looted items, arrest over 200 suspects
- Government begins payment of N30,000 grants to 333,000 artisans
- Federal Government approves N2.9 billion for printing of National Examinations’ materials
- Borno Governor approves scholarship for orphans of Civilian JTF killed since 2013
- President Buhari launches 2021 Armed Forces, Remembrance Day emblem and appeal fund
- Returning looted goods may not save you from prosecution -Police say