Estimated Reading Time: <1
One of the top gubernatorial aspirants of the Peoples Democratic Party in Osun State, Senator Iyiola Omisore, has revealed that eight governorship aspirants of the party have stepped down for him to progress as the party’s primaries draws even closer.
Omisore spoke through the Director of Media and Strategy of his campaign organisation, Mr. Diran Odeyemi, in an interview with a PUNCH correspondent in Osogbo on Wednesday. He stated that the aspirants’ decision stems from the popularity of the former senator, adding that he would defeat incumbent Governor Rauf Aregbesola in next year’s poll.
Omisore stated that as a former deputy governor, he had the experience and acceptability to defeat the incumbent governor.
The aspirant however refused to reveal the name of the aspirants who had stepped down for him but said that would be made known later.
- Breaking: Southeast governors announce own security outfit ‘Ebubeagu’
- #SaabGate: Joe Abah denies involvement in Alex Saab campaign
- Breaking: South-East governors meet in Imo on security
- Ramadan: Look out for crescent from Monday – Sultan
- Police rescue 15 abducted persons, 32 cows in Kaduna
- Police arrest 17 suspected cultists in Abuja
- SERAP says it is unfair to pay judges less, while Presidents and governors take home “huge salaries”
- Catholic Priest abducted in Imo
- Collective responsibility needed in fight against poverty — Okorocha
- INTERVIEW: I am excited people looked beyond the lip gloss to enjoy my content – Enioluwa Adeoluwa, 21-year-old Nigeria’s front-line Influencer