Estimated Reading Time: <1
One of the top gubernatorial aspirants of the Peoples Democratic Party in Osun State, Senator Iyiola Omisore, has revealed that eight governorship aspirants of the party have stepped down for him to progress as the party’s primaries draws even closer.
Omisore spoke through the Director of Media and Strategy of his campaign organisation, Mr. Diran Odeyemi, in an interview with a PUNCH correspondent in Osogbo on Wednesday. He stated that the aspirants’ decision stems from the popularity of the former senator, adding that he would defeat incumbent Governor Rauf Aregbesola in next year’s poll.
Omisore stated that as a former deputy governor, he had the experience and acceptability to defeat the incumbent governor.
The aspirant however refused to reveal the name of the aspirants who had stepped down for him but said that would be made known later.
- I raped her for collecting my money and refusing me sex – Suspect confesses
- Investigation: Nigeria’s government is waging a never-ending war on public freedoms
- My son knows I am vehemently against his sexuality – Doyin Okupe reacts to his son’s sexuality
- Gani Adams support Akeredolu’s quit notice to herdsmen
- Court convicts 20-year-old for doctoring fake ‘Sex Tape’ of Imo Commissioner, Willie Amadi
- Yoruba people traditionally have what it takes to defend themselves against all enemy attacks – Alaafin writes open letter to Buhari
- Anambra lawmakers take compulsory COVID-19 tests
- Help APC tackle online critics – Umahi charges new Caretaker committee
- Selling public assets will boost the economy – Finance Minister
- We reduced the number of out of school children from 10.1 million in 2019 to 6.9 million in 2020 – Education Minister