Estimated Reading Time: <1
Former Aviation Minister Femi Fani-Kayode has urged supporters of All Progressives Congress (APC) to close ranks and be more accommodating to ensure the victory of the party at all levels in 2015.
Fani-Kayode made the call on Thursday in Yola while speaking with newsmen.
The APC chieftain , who spoke against the backdrop of leadership tussle facing the party in Adamawa, Kano and Sokoto states, said stakeholders needed to come together to face the challenge of edging out PDP.
“We are fighting PDP. We must come together, close ranks and fight it.”, Fani-Kayode said.
He urged those labelling APC as a regional party to desist from dragging religion and tribalism into the party
“South-West is controlled by APC, we have APC Governors and members in South-South and South East as well as North East and North West.
“APC is a national party with Muslims, Christians and traditionalists; everybody is welcome in APC.”
The former minister, who accompanied Malam Nuhu Ribadu to Yola, also took time to meet with Gov .Murtala Nyako.
He said the defection of Nyako and four other governors to APC was a popular action that would contribute to APC’s victory not only in Adamawa but at the national level in 2015.
- Federal Government is set to shut the Third Mainland Bridge for six months
- Journalists barred as Magu faces panel in Aso Rock while DSS denies arrest
- DSS has said it did not arrest Mr Ibrahim Magu, EFCC acting chairman
- Fredrick Nwabufo: EFCC’s Magu ‘arrested’: When the hunter becomes the bush meat
- Governor Ganduje of Kano has said that PDP is only interested in looting Edo State Treasury
- National Assembly to hold hearing on sexual and gender based violence in Nigeria
- Anti-Corruption activist; Hamzat Lawal declines NCF invitation
- Acting Chairman of the EFCC, Ibrahim Magu, has been arrested by the Department of State Services.
- Kenya resumes international flight operations
- Fed Gov’t announced some lifelines for the broadcast industry – here’s what you need to know