Estimated Reading Time: <1
Former Aviation Minister Femi Fani-Kayode has urged supporters of All Progressives Congress (APC) to close ranks and be more accommodating to ensure the victory of the party at all levels in 2015.
Fani-Kayode made the call on Thursday in Yola while speaking with newsmen.
The APC chieftain , who spoke against the backdrop of leadership tussle facing the party in Adamawa, Kano and Sokoto states, said stakeholders needed to come together to face the challenge of edging out PDP.
“We are fighting PDP. We must come together, close ranks and fight it.”, Fani-Kayode said.
He urged those labelling APC as a regional party to desist from dragging religion and tribalism into the party
“South-West is controlled by APC, we have APC Governors and members in South-South and South East as well as North East and North West.
“APC is a national party with Muslims, Christians and traditionalists; everybody is welcome in APC.”
The former minister, who accompanied Malam Nuhu Ribadu to Yola, also took time to meet with Gov .Murtala Nyako.
He said the defection of Nyako and four other governors to APC was a popular action that would contribute to APC’s victory not only in Adamawa but at the national level in 2015.
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems
- Police commend officers for rejecting N500,000 bribe
- Opinion: Yinka Odumakin, the storm is over!
- “Someone said I slept with the wife of the man who helped my career”, – Perruzi breaks silence
- USSD SAGA: Will the suffering of Nigerians ever end?
- CCT’s media officer who wrote the ‘Biafran Boys’ statement has been recalled
- New salary and welfare package for Judges in the works – Malami
- ‘Kaduna Government has no choice but to reduce the size of the public service’ – El Rufai