Estimated Reading Time: <1
The police in Abuja said the Christmas was celebrated in the FCT on Wednesday without any incident of crime.
The FCT Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Altine Daniel, who confirmed this to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Thursday, said everything went well in terms of security.
“Things are going on well, we have not recorded any incident so far,” she said.
Daniel urged the residents to be security-conscious and to report any suspicious movement to the police or other law
It will be recalled that the Commissioner of Police in the FCT, Mr Femi Ogunbayode, had assured residents of adequate
security before the Christmas.
He said the command would collaborate with sister security agencies to achieve that.
Also, the FRSC Sector Commander in the FCT, Mr Kayode Fanola, told NAN that only two road traffic accidents were recorded in the territory on Christmas day, but were not fatal.
According to him, one of the crashes occurred on the Kubwa expressway while the other was on the Nyanya highway.
“The crashes are normal and were not fatal,” he said, calling on motorists to drive with care.
- Nyesom Wike has donated N500 million to Sokoto to support the rebuilding of central market
- Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders insists herdsmen are peaceful
- Afenifere says Buhari government represents only Fulani interests
- Fulanis should stay, Akeredolu has no power to deny them the right to live in Ondo – Northern Elders Forum
- Joe Biden has been sworn in as the 46th president of the United States
- FEC approves 65 years as new retirement age for teachers
- President Buhari presides over first FEC meeting of 2021
- Teachers violating COVID-19 guidelines in Abuja will be arrested and Prosecuted – Task Force
- ‘Have a good life, see you soon’ Trump says as he bows out of White House
- LAUTECH: Oyo Government approves N8Billion payment to Osun Government