Estimated Reading Time: <1
The police in Abuja said the Christmas was celebrated in the FCT on Wednesday without any incident of crime.
The FCT Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Altine Daniel, who confirmed this to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Thursday, said everything went well in terms of security.
“Things are going on well, we have not recorded any incident so far,” she said.
Daniel urged the residents to be security-conscious and to report any suspicious movement to the police or other law
It will be recalled that the Commissioner of Police in the FCT, Mr Femi Ogunbayode, had assured residents of adequate
security before the Christmas.
He said the command would collaborate with sister security agencies to achieve that.
Also, the FRSC Sector Commander in the FCT, Mr Kayode Fanola, told NAN that only two road traffic accidents were recorded in the territory on Christmas day, but were not fatal.
According to him, one of the crashes occurred on the Kubwa expressway while the other was on the Nyanya highway.
“The crashes are normal and were not fatal,” he said, calling on motorists to drive with care.
- Breaking: Southeast governors announce own security outfit ‘Ebubeagu’
- #SaabGate: Joe Abah denies involvement in Alex Saab campaign
- Breaking: South-East governors meet in Imo on security
- Ramadan: Look out for crescent from Monday – Sultan
- Police rescue 15 abducted persons, 32 cows in Kaduna
- Police arrest 17 suspected cultists in Abuja
- SERAP says it is unfair to pay judges less, while Presidents and governors take home “huge salaries”
- Catholic Priest abducted in Imo
- Collective responsibility needed in fight against poverty — Okorocha
- INTERVIEW: I am excited people looked beyond the lip gloss to enjoy my content – Enioluwa Adeoluwa, 21-year-old Nigeria’s front-line Influencer