Estimated Reading Time: <1
Arik Airlines says it has introduced a mobile and tablet booking app that can provide the airline with booking service.
A statement released in Lagos on Thursday by the airline’s Spokesman, Mr Ola Adebanji, said the app would present consumers with an `easy-to-use interface’.
It added that it was introduced in a bid to enhance customer experience.
The statement explained that customers would enter their preferred dates and number of passengers, then select the flight or flights from their desired schedule.
“Payment is similarly simple, because the app is unique to Arik; there are no fees levied by third-party booking services, leaving customers with the best possible rates.
“The app also includes a ‘Remember Me’ feature, allowing customers to easily pick a card from a list of their registered cards without needing to enter full details of their bank card each time they make a purchase.”
The statement quotes Dr Michael Arumemi-Ikhide, the airline’s Global Chief Executive Officer (GCEO), as noting that the airline has continued the ongoing revamping of its technology.
Arumemi-Ikhide said the airline had done that by becoming the first sub-Saharan airline to introduce a mobile and tablet booking app.
“The popularity of mobile commerce has increased massively in Africa and we are delighted to be the first Sub-Saharan African airline to offer customers a dedicated booking app to enhance our service.
“Mobile penetration far exceeds the reach of the Internet in Nigeria and West Africa and additions like this help to position Arik as a 21st Century operator, using cutting edge technology to improve ease of service and customer interaction,” it said.
The statement also said that the app was free to download on Blackberry, iOS or android devices, adding that the app marks the latest of a raft of planned enhancements in the coming months.
- Over 15 million Nigerians abuse drugs – NDLEA new boss promises to end drug abuse
- Abuja resident hospitalised after IGP’s orderly fires AK-47 rifle in beer parlour
- Buba Marwa resumes office as NDLEA Chairman
- Invest in dispelling COVID-19 misinformation – Cross River Primary Healthcare DG urges FG
- Oyo PDP alleges APC is behind production of fake Amotekun uniforms
- Anambra first lady, Ebelechukwu Obiano gets moderna COVID-19 vaccine in America
- 2023: Nigerians should reward Tinubu with Presidency – House of Rep member
- Declare Dogara’s seat vacant; PDP asks court
- Buhari appoints DG for National Directorate of Employment
- Federal Government says COVID-19 tests are not required for returning students