Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Leader of terrorist group, Boko Haram, Abubakar Shekau has again appeared in a video clip which was released by the sect on Wednesday. In the video, he claimed responsibility for last week’s attack on Benisheikh, Borno. That attack adversely affected over a hundred and sixty people.
You will recall the former Joint Task Force (JTF) spokesman in Borno State, Lt Col Sagir Musa, had in a statement on August 19 revealed that Abubakar Shekau, the most dreaded and wanted terrorist leader, may have died. In his words:
“Intelligence report available to the Joint Task Force (JTF) Operation Restore Order revealed that Abubakar Shekau, the most dreaded and wanted terrorist leader, may have died.”
“Shekau was mortally wounded in the encounter and was sneaked into Amitchide — a border community in Cameroon — for treatment from which he never recovered,” the JTF statement had said.
Well, a video has been posted by the sect online , showing Shekau, who was clad in a military attire speaking and defending his actions
“Here I am, alive, hale and hearty. Sagir Musa should bury himself in shame, President Jonathan (of Nigeria) should bury himself in shame, President Obama (of United States of America) should bury himself in shame, and President Francois Hollande (of France) should bury himself in shame, Queen Elizabeth (of England) should bury herself in shame.
“They said I am dead, but here I am. The world should know that I am alive and will only die at the appointed time. Everybody should be judged according to the dictates of his conscience.
“What I am doing is written in the Holy Qur’an and the Hadith and I will not stop. I challenge all the clerics of the world to question my deeds. Those underrating my capacity should have a re-think. I will never allow democracy to thrive.
“The concept of government of the people by the people for the people will never be possible and will never exist. Democracy shall be replaced only by the government of Allah, from Allah and for Allah.”
He also challenged the Nigerian military by stating that his group were superior to the Nation’s military setup
“Nigerian soldiers are late. After killing many of them in Monguno and Benisheik, we have snatched their armoured carriers and Hilux vans and then hoisted Islamic flags on them. We now move freely with them,” he said.
The Army Public Relations Unit has said it would study the video clips.
- NDLEA to test students, corps members, security agencies
- COVID-19: FG extends partial lockdown by a month
- Just In: Imo State Governor declares curfew in Orlu
- South-West Governors ban all forms of open grazing in the region
- Pregnant woman killed by bandits in Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna State
- Cross River, EU destroy arms surrendered by militants in the state
- State Governors meet with Miyetti Allah in Akure; here are some of the resolutions reached
- Filmmakers should collect permit to avoid harassment – Sanwo-Olu
- Federal Government is insincere with the handling of herdsmen crisis – Bamikole Omisore
- How I lost my wife, 4 children to Flood – 50-year-old man narrates in new CDD documentary