Estimated Reading Time: <1
Serving Nigerian Air Force personnel, Lance Corporal Suleiman Mohammed, has been paraded by the department of state service among seven suspected kidnappers alleged to have kidnapped a Sokoto based businessman, Mr Dan Kure.
Lance Corporal Mohammed, 24, is attached to the Ministry of Defence.
Parading the suspects in Abuja, the acting spokesperson of the service, Mr. Doyin Adetuberu, said that the suspects collected $290,000 ransom from the family of the victim.
Mr Dan Kure was kidnapped on November 6 at his construction site in Sokoto. He was released on November 11 but died 11 days later.
“The determination of the Service to unravel the criminals behind the dastardly act led to the arrest of the masterminds of the crime
“The suspects will soon be arraigned in court,” Mr Adetuberu said.
He reaffirmed the commitment of the state service to combating all forms of insecurity and urged the citizens to be vigilant and continue to cooperate with law enforcement agencies through the provision of useful information on suspicious activities within their environment.
Content Credit: Channels
- Estonia gets first female prime minister
- NDLEA to test students, corps members, security agencies
- COVID-19: FG extends partial lockdown by a month
- Just In: Imo State Governor declares curfew in Orlu
- South-West Governors ban all forms of open grazing in the region
- Pregnant woman killed by bandits in Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna State
- Cross River, EU destroy arms surrendered by militants in the state
- State Governors meet with Miyetti Allah in Akure; here are some of the resolutions reached
- Filmmakers should collect permit to avoid harassment – Sanwo-Olu
- Federal Government is insincere with the handling of herdsmen crisis – Bamikole Omisore