Estimated Reading Time: <1
Tolu ‘Toolz’ Oniru and Ohimai Atafo of MAI end the year with a bang on the cover of Y! Magazine’s latest editing The Annual Style Issue. The magazine hits the stands and shops today.
It’s been an incredible year for Y! Magazine with Wizkid kicking off the covers, all through Omowunmi Akinnifesi, Timi Dakolo and Tara-Fela Durotoye. This edition continues the new Y! tradition of double covers. Both covers were photographed by Moussa Moussa, styled and directed by Ifan Ifeanyi Michaels, with profiles by Lekan Olarenwaju and Wilfred Okiche.
15 pages of each edition already dedicated to fashion (p. Fashion Shoot) we asked ourselves: why do we do this Style Issue, anyways? The answer as always is simple: “because we love to!” says managing editor, Adebola Williams. “Because beneath those studied looks of nonchalance, workschedules hostile to stilettos, and our inevitable frown at sexism, the one gender sometimes wants to blossom like a flower and the other to shine like a thousand stars.”
The magazine as usual includes incisive op-eds – a potpourri of ideas and issues; a telling interview of four tailors’, and an interviewer¹s delight session with the sitting governor of Rivers, Rotimi Amaechi.
Features from its culture and fashion buffet include a piece on “The rise and rise of BellaNaija.com”, apiece on “The second coming of Emmy Collins” and another on “The fall and fall of Arise Magazine Fashion Week”. There are also interviews with stylist the rising singer Victoria Kimani and stylist/designer, Adebayo Oke-Lawal.
Y! is available in stores and from vendors across the country. It is also available at all House of Tara Stores in Lagos, Abuja, Ilorin, Port-Harcourt, Benin, Kano, Ibadan and Kaduna and Y! campus representatives in 19 states.
- 80-year-old, ward head and three others killed in bandits attack in Kaduna
- Bandits kidnap 17 persons in three communities in Niger State
- In Katsina, 21-year-old labourer, Abubakar Sani, dragged to court over alleged homosexual (rape) of an eight-year-old boy
- COVID-19: We have capacity to test 600 people daily – Governor Obaseki
- The Nigerian Government is selling properties to fund the 2021 budget – what happens after ?
- 2023: Fayemi is the most qualified presidential candidate from South-West – APC spokesperson declares
- Just In: FG says it is mandatory for foreign diplomats to obtain the National Identity Numbers
- Breaking: Ex-finance minister, Jubril Martins-Kuye is dead
- We will continue to demand the unconditional release of El-Zakzaky – IMN
- We are short of cooling facilities to store expected Covid-19 vaccines – Nigerian Institute of Medical Research