Estimated Reading Time: <1
Tolu ‘Toolz’ Oniru and Ohimai Atafo of MAI end the year with a bang on the cover of Y! Magazine’s latest editing The Annual Style Issue. The magazine hits the stands and shops today.
It’s been an incredible year for Y! Magazine with Wizkid kicking off the covers, all through Omowunmi Akinnifesi, Timi Dakolo and Tara-Fela Durotoye. This edition continues the new Y! tradition of double covers. Both covers were photographed by Moussa Moussa, styled and directed by Ifan Ifeanyi Michaels, with profiles by Lekan Olarenwaju and Wilfred Okiche.
15 pages of each edition already dedicated to fashion (p. Fashion Shoot) we asked ourselves: why do we do this Style Issue, anyways? The answer as always is simple: “because we love to!” says managing editor, Adebola Williams. “Because beneath those studied looks of nonchalance, workschedules hostile to stilettos, and our inevitable frown at sexism, the one gender sometimes wants to blossom like a flower and the other to shine like a thousand stars.”
The magazine as usual includes incisive op-eds – a potpourri of ideas and issues; a telling interview of four tailors’, and an interviewer¹s delight session with the sitting governor of Rivers, Rotimi Amaechi.
Features from its culture and fashion buffet include a piece on “The rise and rise of BellaNaija.com”, apiece on “The second coming of Emmy Collins” and another on “The fall and fall of Arise Magazine Fashion Week”. There are also interviews with stylist the rising singer Victoria Kimani and stylist/designer, Adebayo Oke-Lawal.
Y! is available in stores and from vendors across the country. It is also available at all House of Tara Stores in Lagos, Abuja, Ilorin, Port-Harcourt, Benin, Kano, Ibadan and Kaduna and Y! campus representatives in 19 states.
- Uber, Bolt drivers in Lagos threaten to begin strike on Monday
- Photos: Royal Funeral for Prince Philip as he’s laid to rest at Windsor Castle
- One dead as bandits attack police checkpoint in Taraba
- COVID-19: ‘Forcing people to be vaccinated is immoral’ Bishop Oyedepo says
- Nigerian Government drill boreholes in Buhari home state to avoid the spread of Covid-19
- Odua self-determination rally suffers setback as police surround venue in Ibadan
- Dogs to complement security arrangements in Katsina boarding schools
- Breaking: University of Ibadan releases 2020/2021 Post-UTME results
- Nigeria Medical Association denies ties with criminal bandits of Zamfara
- Peru’s former president, Martin Vizcarra, banned from holding public office