Estimated Reading Time: <1
A Catholic priest, Monsignor Gabriel Osu has reacted to the postulation of General Overseer of Deeper Life Bible Church Pator Kumuyi that the Christmas Celebration is an idolatrous celebration.
“I don’t know what he means by saying the practice of celebrating Christmas is wrong. Is he saying that Christ wasn’t born? That he didn’t come to die for us? Does he not celebrate his own birthday? Do Kumuyi’s pastors not celebrate him? It is not everything I react to; some people just seek attention. If Kumuyi is a Christian, then he must believe in Christ.
“The celebration of Christmas didn’t just start today; it is too public an event for anyone to say that they don’t know what it is about. “If Kumuyi is condemning the commercialisation of Christmas, I can understand that. Christ came to redeem us from our lost state; this was actualised through his coming, his birth; that is why we celebrate Christmas. It is the fulfilment of God’s promise.”
“Kumuyi is just saying what he feels; he is not making any doctrinal statement.”
- COVID-19: ‘Forcing people to be vaccinated is immoral’ Bishop Oyedepo says
- Nigerian Government drill boreholes in Buhari home state to avoid the spread of Covid-19
- Odua self-determination rally suffers setback as police surround venue in Ibadan
- Dogs to complement security arrangements in Katsina boarding schools
- Breaking: University of Ibadan releases 2020/2021 Post-UTME results
- Nigeria Medical Association denies ties with criminal bandits of Zamfara
- Peru’s former president, Martin Vizcarra, banned from holding public office
- Was Nigeria’s finance minister ignorant? or lying? – CBN Governor Emefiele says Printing money is a cardinal job of the lenders
- Helen McCrory, star of Peaky Blinders, dies aged 52
- German govt ignores Nigeria, picks Ghana to establish West African center for global health