Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Kano State Police Command, on Monday confirmed the abduction of a Lebanese national, Mr Hassan Zein, at the Sharada Industrial Area of Kano metropolis.
The Command’s Public Relations Officer, ASP Magaji Majiya, confirmed the abduction to the News Agency of Nigeria in Kano.
He said Zein, the Managing Director of M.C Plastic Company, was seized in the early hours of Monday from the company’s premises.
“Unidentified gunmen stormed the area between 7:30 am and 8:00 am and abducted the man in the company’s premises,” he said.
He added that the command had since mobilised personnel and alerted its patrol teams and check points to track down the kidnappers.
Majiya said the command had also commenced special operation within Kano metropolis and environs since the incident occurred.
The police spokesman did not however comment on the report which indicated that two of the factory workers were shot and injured during the abduction.
- No one has the right to expel any Nigerian from any part of the country – Arewa group dare Ondo Governor
- Just In: “We want justice for Seriki Fulani” – Miyetti Allah calls for Sunday Igboho’s arrest
- Afenifere wants ACF to “call their criminals to order” – warn that Yoruba would not want a repeat of the incident of 1966
- Miyetti Allah Cattle breeders association say kidnapping is a National problem
- Arewa Consultative Forum wants govt to act swiftly and stop the attacks on Fulani communities in the south west
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Buhari, now is time to speak to the Fulani youths
- Abia Governor dissolves state executive council
- Ignoring Governor Ayade’s instructions, CRUTECH insists on ‘no fee, no exams’
- American Legendary Talk-Show host; Larry King has died of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Kano Governor says closing down schools will be a ‘tragedy’