Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Kano State Police Command, on Monday confirmed the abduction of a Lebanese national, Mr Hassan Zein, at the Sharada Industrial Area of Kano metropolis.
The Command’s Public Relations Officer, ASP Magaji Majiya, confirmed the abduction to the News Agency of Nigeria in Kano.
He said Zein, the Managing Director of M.C Plastic Company, was seized in the early hours of Monday from the company’s premises.
“Unidentified gunmen stormed the area between 7:30 am and 8:00 am and abducted the man in the company’s premises,” he said.
He added that the command had since mobilised personnel and alerted its patrol teams and check points to track down the kidnappers.
Majiya said the command had also commenced special operation within Kano metropolis and environs since the incident occurred.
The police spokesman did not however comment on the report which indicated that two of the factory workers were shot and injured during the abduction.
- COVID-19: ‘Forcing people to be vaccinated is immoral’ Bishop Oyedepo says
- Nigerian Government drill boreholes in Buhari home state to avoid the spread of Covid-19
- Odua self-determination rally suffers setback as police surround venue in Ibadan
- Dogs to complement security arrangements in Katsina boarding schools
- Breaking: University of Ibadan releases 2020/2021 Post-UTME results
- Nigeria Medical Association denies ties with criminal bandits of Zamfara
- Peru’s former president, Martin Vizcarra, banned from holding public office
- Was Nigeria’s finance minister ignorant? or lying? – CBN Governor Emefiele says Printing money is a cardinal job of the lenders
- Helen McCrory, star of Peaky Blinders, dies aged 52
- German govt ignores Nigeria, picks Ghana to establish West African center for global health