Estimated Reading Time: <1
The security details of Speaker Gambo Sallau, and seven other members of the House have been withdrawn.
The Spokesperson of the EFCC, WIlson Uwujaren, said the lawmakers were invited by the commission to answer questions following a petition against them.
He said the Speaker and the other officials responded to the Commission’s invitation on Monday at its Kano Office.
He however said, the lawmakers were being transferred to the Commission’s Headquarters in Abuja as the petition was received in Abuja. The Kano state governor along with his supporters had left the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) for the All Progressives Congress (APC).
The arrest of the principal officers of the state house of assembly will however delay the 2014 budget presentation by Governor Rabiu Kwankwaso
- Chairman of Taraba State LGA, Hon. Salihu Dovo, has been killed by his abductors
- Nigerian Police vows action against those behind the recent violence and ethnic tension Oyo state
- Attahiru M. Jega: Restructuring in Nigeria: Why? How? When?
- It makes no sense for cows to roam the streets in 2021 – Adamu Garba of twitter declares
- Buhari’s government has been very disappointing – Former INEC Chairman, Atthairu Jega fumes
- Social Media for Activism: How a Nigerian Law school Student is using Twitter to raise awareness on misogynistic laws #everydayfeminism
- Come back with laptops, Ipad, smartphones for e-learning – UNICAL to returning students
- Oyo Insecurity: Makinde, IGP to meet with Ibarapa community
- “For people stoking ethnic tension” – Olubadan calls for peace between Fulani and Yoruba residents
- PDP rejects former speaker Dogara, insists he is not part of the party