Estimated Reading Time: <1
The security details of Speaker Gambo Sallau, and seven other members of the House have been withdrawn.
The Spokesperson of the EFCC, WIlson Uwujaren, said the lawmakers were invited by the commission to answer questions following a petition against them.
He said the Speaker and the other officials responded to the Commission’s invitation on Monday at its Kano Office.
He however said, the lawmakers were being transferred to the Commission’s Headquarters in Abuja as the petition was received in Abuja. The Kano state governor along with his supporters had left the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) for the All Progressives Congress (APC).
The arrest of the principal officers of the state house of assembly will however delay the 2014 budget presentation by Governor Rabiu Kwankwaso
- COVID-19: ‘Forcing people to be vaccinated is immoral’ Bishop Oyedepo says
- Nigerian Government drill boreholes in Buhari home state to avoid the spread of Covid-19
- Odua self-determination rally suffers setback as police surround venue in Ibadan
- Dogs to complement security arrangements in Katsina boarding schools
- Breaking: University of Ibadan releases 2020/2021 Post-UTME results
- Nigeria Medical Association denies ties with criminal bandits of Zamfara
- Peru’s former president, Martin Vizcarra, banned from holding public office
- Was Nigeria’s finance minister ignorant? or lying? – CBN Governor Emefiele says Printing money is a cardinal job of the lenders
- Helen McCrory, star of Peaky Blinders, dies aged 52
- German govt ignores Nigeria, picks Ghana to establish West African center for global health