Estimated Reading Time: <1
Manchester United gaffer, David Moyes has risen to the defence of Adnan Januzaj after the latter was booked for simulation in the side’s 3-1 win over West Ham.
Januzaj had scored an excellent goal for United double their lead on Saturday at Old Trafford.
The 18-year-old Januzaj was however booked for diving late in the first half after going down under pressure from Collins. It is pertinent to note this is his second yellow card for simulation this season, having also been cautioned against Sunderland.
His coach, Moyes has however defended Januzaj’s action.
When asked if he supported players diving, Moyes said: “Definitely not. I’ve had a chance to see it and I think he believes he is going to get sized.
“He has been kicked in every game, upside down. But we will make sure and do everything that we can to make sure it doesn’t happen.
“Everybody can see the talent the boy has got. He has got great composure and he is a very good player.
“He is 18 – he has had a lot of games – maybe more than he would have thought. I thought he has warranted his place, though.”
- Nigeria’s inflation rises to 15.75%, highest since 2017
- Lagos State Government to close Apapa Dock for railway project
- Kaduna State government rescues 160 Almajiri children
- Bauchi State government to rehabilitate Tafawa Balewa’s tomb
- University of Ibadan announces resumption, says first semester of 2020/2021 will hold virtually
- Buhari’s pigeons refused to fly at armed forces remembrance celebration
- Inflation rate hits 15.75% in December– highest in 39 months
- Cheta Nwanze: Remembrance day, the Nigerian Army has a murderous reputation
- Breaking: Former Bauchi lawmaker kidnapped
- 23 deaths and 1,479 new cases reported in one day as COVID-19 pandemic sweeps 25 Nigerian states