Estimated Reading Time: <1
Bayern Munich has won the FIFA Club World Cup with a 2-0 victory over Moroccan hosts, Raja Casablanca in the final on Saturday night.
First-half goals from Dante and Thiago Alcantara were enough to secure victory at the Marrakech Stadium.
Dante netted the opener barely six minutes in, heading home a Jerome Boateng flick-on following a corner from Xherdan Shaqiri.
Alcantara got the second goal in the 22nd minute when he blasted in from the edge of the box after being smartly teed up by David Alaba.
- Investigation: Nigeria’s government is waging a never-ending war on public freedoms
- My son knows I am vehemently against his sexuality – Doyin Okupe reacts to his son’s sexuality
- Gani Adams support Akeredolu’s quit notice to herdsmen
- Court convicts 20-year-old for doctoring fake ‘Sex Tape’ of Imo Commissioner, Willie Amadi
- Yoruba people traditionally have what it takes to defend themselves against all enemy attacks – Alaafin writes open letter to Buhari
- Anambra lawmakers take compulsory COVID-19 tests
- Help APC tackle online critics – Umahi charges new Caretaker committee
- Selling public assets will boost the economy – Finance Minister
- We reduced the number of out of school children from 10.1 million in 2019 to 6.9 million in 2020 – Education Minister
- COVID-19: African countries are left behind by developed nations in the race for vaccines – WHO