Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Super Eagles defeated Niger Tornadoes 2-0 in a build-up game played at the Abuja National Stadium, as preparations for the upcoming African Nations Championship intensifies.
The game was witnessed by a weak crowd which included NFF’s Technical Director, Dr Emmanuel Ikpeme.
Barnabas Imenger had handed the Eagles the lead after 14 minutes of action.
Nigerian coach, Stephen Keshi started the game with a strong squad which included the likes of Chigozie Agbim, Azubuike Egwueke, Yinka Adedeji, Solomon Kwambe, Ogonna Osuchukwu, Christian Pyagbara, Rabiu Ali, Gbolahan Salami, Barnabas Imenger and Abubakar Aliyu
The first goal came from a free-kick which was thrown in by Ali’s legs. Shots from Abubakar and Pyagbara were blocked but the rebound eventually fell to Imenger who slotted in the opener.
In the 44th minute, Agbim was forced to make an exceptional fingertip save.
The likes of Dele Alampasu, Sunday Mba, Taiwo Awoniyi, Ejike Uzoenyi, Obannor Erhune and Ikeleji Bello were introduced in the second half.
The second goal eventually came when Ejike was brought down inside the opponent’s box in the 82nd minute and Ikechukwu ‘Small’ Azubuike stepped forward to send the resulting penalty into the net to double the Eagles’ lead.
- COVID-19: Nigeria orders additional 10 million vaccine doses
- Estonia gets first female prime minister
- NDLEA to test students, corps members, security agencies
- COVID-19: FG extends partial lockdown by a month
- Just In: Imo State Governor declares curfew in Orlu
- South-West Governors ban all forms of open grazing in the region
- Pregnant woman killed by bandits in Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna State
- Cross River, EU destroy arms surrendered by militants in the state
- State Governors meet with Miyetti Allah in Akure; here are some of the resolutions reached
- Filmmakers should collect permit to avoid harassment – Sanwo-Olu