Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigeria’s football body, the Nigerian football federation today in Abuja unveiled the new set of jerseys for the Super Eages Brazil 2014 World Cup today a brand new jersey for the 2014 FIFA world cup in Brazil.
The event took place at the NFF secretariat in Abuja. Speaking at the occasion, the director-general of the National Sports Commission, Gbenga Elegbeleye said the new jersey is aimed at re-branding the Super Eagles.
The jerseys were showcased using three Super Eagles players: Ejike Uzoenyi, Chigozie Agbim and Abdullahi Shehu.
The Chairman, House Committee on Sports, Mister Ali Gaiya praised the efforts of the Nigeria Football Federation while speaking at the occasion.
Th head of NFF’s marketing department, Mr. Adama Idris described the jersey as a Climacool design which is suitable for all weathers as the Brazilian weather varies from location to location
The lemon green color of the new jersey and dark green borders indicate a slight deviation from the traditional dark green color on Nigeria’s national flag.
The representatives of President Goodluck Jonathan and Senate President, David Mark were presented with the new jerseys.
The Nigerian senior national team, Super Eagles are to launch the new Adidas jersey on the 5th of March when they face Mexico during an International friendly match in Atlanta, Georgia, USA.
Photo Credit: Sahara Reporters
The new design was produced by Adidas, a leading kit manufacturer in the world and the official kit supplier of the Nigerian national teams.
- Was Nigeria’s finance minister ignorant? or lying? – CBN Governor Emefiele says Printing money is a cardinal job of the lenders
- Helen McCrory, star of Peaky Blinders, dies aged 52
- German govt ignores Nigeria, picks Ghana to establish West African center for global health
- Cheta Nwanze: Security, civic space and the media
- DSS claims to have uncovered plans by IPOB to Bomb banks in South-East
- ‘Bandits are threatening to marry our girls’ Parents of abducted Kaduna students cry out
- Local Government workers block convoy of Nasarawa Deputy Governor
- Adaora Okoye: Unravelling myths surrounding women in leadership in Nigeria
- JUSUN sets April 19 for nationwide peaceful protest
- IGR for Nigerian states drops to a new low – NBS Report