Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Super Eagles technical crew have dropped two players from the CHAN camp, while four others have been called up in their place.
Midfielder Mohammed Ajia of Bayelsa United and El Kanemi Warriors of Borno defender, Reuben Ogbonnaya were dropped for low productivity
Super Eagles assistant coach, Daniel Amokachi who spoke on behalf of the technical crew stated that the team has little time for preparation so they needed to quickly identify the tournament materials amongst the pack.
The four fresh players called up are newly signed Enyimba striker Mfon Udoh, Ewenike Achibi of Warri Wolves, and Bendel Insurance duo of Obannu Erhune and Ikeleji Bello.
“We have been tracking these players for some times now and we want to give them a chance to prove themselves at a critical point like this and we hope they won’t disappoint,” Amokachi said
Players who do not measure up to standards will be sent out of the team after Wednesday’s friendly game against Niger Tornadoes.
- Tambuwal appoints committee to investigate Sokoto central market fire
- Anambra Governorship election to hold November 6 – INEC
- Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo flags off N5,000 cash transfer to low-income earners in urban areas
- Arewa Youth Leader says Northern Nigeria is the most backward region despite having the president
- Borno Governor asks Federal Character Commission for more employment slots
- Buhari appoints Nigeria’s first female ambassador to the United States
- Motorcycle riders are working as spies for kidnappers – Amotekun says
- Where will herdsmen graze if they leave the forest reserves? – Miiyetti Allah queries Akeredolu’s vacation order
- Kukah gets international recognition with appointment by Pope Francis
- Buhari in closed door meeting with President of Benin Republic