Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Super Eagles technical crew have dropped two players from the CHAN camp, while four others have been called up in their place.
Midfielder Mohammed Ajia of Bayelsa United and El Kanemi Warriors of Borno defender, Reuben Ogbonnaya were dropped for low productivity
Super Eagles assistant coach, Daniel Amokachi who spoke on behalf of the technical crew stated that the team has little time for preparation so they needed to quickly identify the tournament materials amongst the pack.
The four fresh players called up are newly signed Enyimba striker Mfon Udoh, Ewenike Achibi of Warri Wolves, and Bendel Insurance duo of Obannu Erhune and Ikeleji Bello.
“We have been tracking these players for some times now and we want to give them a chance to prove themselves at a critical point like this and we hope they won’t disappoint,” Amokachi said
Players who do not measure up to standards will be sent out of the team after Wednesday’s friendly game against Niger Tornadoes.
- Insecurity: Nurses In Ogun State threaten strike until ‘safety is guaranteed’
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems
- Police commend officers for rejecting N500,000 bribe
- Opinion: Yinka Odumakin, the storm is over!
- “Someone said I slept with the wife of the man who helped my career”, – Perruzi breaks silence
- USSD SAGA: Will the suffering of Nigerians ever end?
- CCT’s media officer who wrote the ‘Biafran Boys’ statement has been recalled
- New salary and welfare package for Judges in the works – Malami