Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigerian Football Federation President, Aminu Maigari has hailed the players and coaches of the Nigerian Beach Eagles, after they won the COPA Lagos International Invitational Beach Soccer Tournament for a third consecutive time.
Nigeria defeated Senegal 4-2 in the Final played at the played at the Eko Atlantic City on Sunday.
“I truly and sincerely commend the Supersand Eagles for their consistency in doing Nigeria proud,” Maigari said when the trophy was presented to him on Tuesday in his office
“This is the third time they are winning the trophy and this makes it the 10th trophy that the present NFF administration has won for Nigeria.
“I congratulate the players and their officials and pledge that the NFF will continue to support all our National Teams, including the Supersand Eagles, to do Nigeria proud in international championships.”
Nigeria won the inaugural edition of the competition in 2011 after beating Brazil and also won by thumping Portugal the next year
Nigeria won this year’s competition after defeating Germany, Lebanon and then African Champions, Senegal
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami