Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigerian Football Federation President, Aminu Maigari has hailed the players and coaches of the Nigerian Beach Eagles, after they won the COPA Lagos International Invitational Beach Soccer Tournament for a third consecutive time.
Nigeria defeated Senegal 4-2 in the Final played at the played at the Eko Atlantic City on Sunday.
“I truly and sincerely commend the Supersand Eagles for their consistency in doing Nigeria proud,” Maigari said when the trophy was presented to him on Tuesday in his office
“This is the third time they are winning the trophy and this makes it the 10th trophy that the present NFF administration has won for Nigeria.
“I congratulate the players and their officials and pledge that the NFF will continue to support all our National Teams, including the Supersand Eagles, to do Nigeria proud in international championships.”
Nigeria won the inaugural edition of the competition in 2011 after beating Brazil and also won by thumping Portugal the next year
Nigeria won this year’s competition after defeating Germany, Lebanon and then African Champions, Senegal
- “They are criminals” – Governor Seyi Makinde wants police to arrest those stoking ethnic tension
- CBN warns that revised cheque book becomes fully operational April 1
- DJ Khaled to host MTV Africa Music Awards Kampala 2021
- 600 Nigerians stranded in Saudi Arabia will be brought home soon – Abike Dabiri-Erewa
- Just In: University workers begin indefinite strike February 5
- Vice President Osinbajo raises alarm over increasing number of confirmed COVID-19 cases
- After a 2 year break, singer-songwriter DavidB, is back with ‘These Crazy Times’
- Chief Sunday Igboho insists Fulani herdsmen must leave Yoruba Land
- Don Jazzy unveils new 18-year-old female artiste
- Insecurity: Nasarawa State turns to President Buhari for help