Estimated Reading Time: <1
A Nigerian Officer Cadet, Noel Shekoduza Moses, has been awarded the Queen’s medal for best results in Military, Academic and Practical Studies by the Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst (RMAS).
24 years old Moses beat 16 other foreign cadets to receive the medal at the Sovereign Parade for Overseas Cadets in the UK on Friday. He undertook one year course as senior intake at Sandhurst academy.
Speaking to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), he said he was proud to be a Nigerian and the first overseas cadet to receive the award.
Moses was born in Kaduna state and attended the Nigerian Defence Academy, gaining a BEng in Civil Engineering. He also attended the counter-terrorist course in Nigeria. He played hockey and participated in orienteering at Sandhurst.
“I have learnt so much from this academy and I will impart the knowledge on others back home’’, Moses said.
Brig.-Gen. Henry Ayamasaokwei, Registrar of NDA ehad praise for Moses and the quality of the academy
“It also shows that the standards at NDA are high. That is why he could achieve this. And I believe this will motivate other cadets at the academy and encourage them to do well. This will also motivate future trainees to strive for excellence’’, Ayamasaokwei said.
Col. Dick Crombie, Staff Officer Cadet at the Royal Academy, said Moses represented the best of Nigeria. He also assured of continued partnership with Nigeria.
- “They are criminals” – Governor Seyi Makinde wants police to arrest those stoking ethnic tension
- CBN warns that revised cheque book becomes fully operational April 1
- DJ Khaled to host MTV Africa Music Awards Kampala 2021
- 600 Nigerians stranded in Saudi Arabia will be brought home soon – Abike Dabiri-Erewa
- Just In: University workers begin indefinite strike February 5
- Vice President Osinbajo raises alarm over increasing number of confirmed COVID-19 cases
- After a 2 year break, singer-songwriter DavidB, is back with ‘These Crazy Times’
- Chief Sunday Igboho insists Fulani herdsmen must leave Yoruba Land
- Don Jazzy unveils new 18-year-old female artiste
- Insecurity: Nasarawa State turns to President Buhari for help