Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigerian striker, Emmanuel Emenike has made clear his plams for club and country in 2014.
Emenike was joint-top scorer when Nigeria won the Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa in February and scored three goals to aid Nigeria’s qualification for the World Cup in Brazil.
Emenike believes if he is to prove he is one of the best strikers in Africa he has to show it at the World Cup in Brazil as he bared his mind to BBC Sport
“Next year will be a big one for the Super Eagles because the World Cup is football’s biggest stage,”
“Brazil is that place where I hope to make my mark and prove myself as a striker that can perform at major tournaments.
“I will be doing everything for the team as usual. I am confident as a team Nigeria will be stronger in Brazil.
“Every player is looking to the World Cup. I think we’ve got every chance of doing better than our previous outings,” said Emenike.
“We’ve gone unbeaten in Africa in two years and the players know we can use that as a big motivation to do well in Brazil.
“This is a big chance for us. Our fans are hopeful and everyone is solidly behind us, so we can do it first by getting out of the group. After that we can then take it step by step.”
- Lagos govt says negotiations are ongoing with manufacturers to make COVID-19 vaccines available
- “Scammers bent on defrauding job seekers” -EFCC raise alert
- Just In: Nigeria orders immediate closure of enrollment activities at NIMC Headquarters
- Nigerian Military decimate Boko Haram camp in Borno
- Borno state Governor says south-easterners should negotiate for power rather than expect others to leave it for them
- Islamic State terrorists raid Nigeria’s military base in Marte, Borno
- ..had gone to the pharmacy to buy medicine …..How Gunmen abduct Imo State University lecturer
- Lagos Government releases work-from-home directive; Grade 14 & below to resume Feb 1
- Yoweri Museveni of Uganda wins 6th term re-election
- Rovers of Calabar to square up against 3SC in NNL season opening match