Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigerian striker, Emmanuel Emenike has made clear his plams for club and country in 2014.
Emenike was joint-top scorer when Nigeria won the Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa in February and scored three goals to aid Nigeria’s qualification for the World Cup in Brazil.
Emenike believes if he is to prove he is one of the best strikers in Africa he has to show it at the World Cup in Brazil as he bared his mind to BBC Sport
“Next year will be a big one for the Super Eagles because the World Cup is football’s biggest stage,”
“Brazil is that place where I hope to make my mark and prove myself as a striker that can perform at major tournaments.
“I will be doing everything for the team as usual. I am confident as a team Nigeria will be stronger in Brazil.
“Every player is looking to the World Cup. I think we’ve got every chance of doing better than our previous outings,” said Emenike.
“We’ve gone unbeaten in Africa in two years and the players know we can use that as a big motivation to do well in Brazil.
“This is a big chance for us. Our fans are hopeful and everyone is solidly behind us, so we can do it first by getting out of the group. After that we can then take it step by step.”
- Uber, Bolt drivers in Lagos threaten to begin strike on Monday
- Photos: Royal Funeral for Prince Philip as he’s laid to rest at Windsor Castle
- One dead as bandits attack police checkpoint in Taraba
- COVID-19: ‘Forcing people to be vaccinated is immoral’ Bishop Oyedepo says
- Nigerian Government drill boreholes in Buhari home state to avoid the spread of Covid-19
- Odua self-determination rally suffers setback as police surround venue in Ibadan
- Dogs to complement security arrangements in Katsina boarding schools
- Breaking: University of Ibadan releases 2020/2021 Post-UTME results
- Nigeria Medical Association denies ties with criminal bandits of Zamfara
- Peru’s former president, Martin Vizcarra, banned from holding public office